The withdrawals follow news that the state would provide voter information to comply with President Trump's investigation into voter fraud.
The nonprofit ERIC shares large amounts of sensitive voter data to root out possible fraud, ensure more accurate voter rolls and encourage registration.
Sir John Holmes, chair of the Electoral Commission, said: "The size of the registered electorate for the general election demonstrates the UK's strong tradition of democratic engagement, and reflects the hard work of all concerned". About 10 percent are Republicans.
The Electoral Commission called for ministers to look at introducing a system to allow voters to check if they are already registered and to consider whether to adopt automatic registration schemes similar to the one used in Australia.
Election officials, including La Plata County Clerk and Recorder Tiffany Parker, have expressed concern with voters withdrawing from the voter registry, because they will not receive mail ballots for the November election unless they re-register.
ON Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ:ON) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research to Hold
The institutional investors in our partner's database now own: 290.57 million shares, up from 287.28 million shares in 2016Q3. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at the SEC website .
"It's my hope that folks who withdrew their registration will re-register", said Williams in a statement to KUNC, "particularly once they realize that no confidential information will be provided and that the parties and presidential candidates already have the same publicly available information from the 2016 election cycle".
The commission's request for data is suspended following a complaint filed by the Electronic Privacy Information Center, a national privacy watchdog group.
There were another 200 people who have opted to make their voter information confidential.
A watchdog has highlighted "troubling" claims that some people cast more than one vote at the general election as it revealed that the electorate had reached record levels.
- Operation Southern Shield targeting speeders in 4 states
- New dress code for players on the LPGA tour
- Two jailed Maharashtra NCP legislators cast votes
- How major US stock market indexes fared on Monday
- CyberArk Software Ltd. (NASDAQ:CYBR) Rating Lowered to Buy at BidaskClub
- Japan says time for pressure, not dialogue with North Korea
- Country Thunder organizers very happy with this year's event
- Trump Administration to Rival Obama In Civilian Casualties Abroad
- 'It' Director Andy Muschietti Set To Helm 'Robotech' For Sony
- Credit Suisse Group Reiterates Outperform Rating for Diageo plc (DGE)