The withdrawals follow news that the state would provide voter information to comply with President Trump's investigation into voter fraud.
The nonprofit ERIC shares large amounts of sensitive voter data to root out possible fraud, ensure more accurate voter rolls and encourage registration.
Sir John Holmes, chair of the Electoral Commission, said: "The size of the registered electorate for the general election demonstrates the UK's strong tradition of democratic engagement, and reflects the hard work of all concerned". About 10 percent are Republicans.
The Electoral Commission called for ministers to look at introducing a system to allow voters to check if they are already registered and to consider whether to adopt automatic registration schemes similar to the one used in Australia.
Election officials, including La Plata County Clerk and Recorder Tiffany Parker, have expressed concern with voters withdrawing from the voter registry, because they will not receive mail ballots for the November election unless they re-register.
Country Thunder organizers very happy with this year's event
In all, police responded to 135 calls for service at the annual country music festival this year, up from 114 in 2016. Cleary said. "Our presence in and around the site was obviously very pronounced and noticeable.
"It's my hope that folks who withdrew their registration will re-register", said Williams in a statement to KUNC, "particularly once they realize that no confidential information will be provided and that the parties and presidential candidates already have the same publicly available information from the 2016 election cycle".
The commission's request for data is suspended following a complaint filed by the Electronic Privacy Information Center, a national privacy watchdog group.
There were another 200 people who have opted to make their voter information confidential.
A watchdog has highlighted "troubling" claims that some people cast more than one vote at the general election as it revealed that the electorate had reached record levels.
- HSN, Inc. (HSNI) PT Raised to $40.00
- Philippines' Duterte makes fresh rape joke
- CyberArk Software Ltd. (NASDAQ:CYBR) Rating Lowered to Buy at BidaskClub
- Operation Southern Shield targeting speeders in 4 states
- Winfrey, DuVernay tease 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Collins: Eight to 10 Republican senators have serious concerns about health bill
- Charlize Theron on a mission to defy gender norms in 'Atomic Blonde'
- Massachusett court: Employers can't fire workers for using medical pot
- ON Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ:ON) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research to Hold
- Deux mosquées attaquées dans le nord du pays — Israël