Mumbai: Jailed MLAs Chhagan Bhujbal and Ramesh Kadam of the NCP were among 287 of the State's 288 MLAs who cast their vote in the presidential elections on Monday. Nalasopara MLA Kshitij Thakur, representing Bahujan Vikas Aghadi, was the only MLA who didn't vote as he was overseas. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis was one of the first to exercise his franchise at Vidhan Bhavan.
Last month, the ailing Bhujbal had moved a Special Court in Mumbai seeking permission to go and cast his vote in the Presidential election which was granted despite stiff opposition by the prosecution. Ajit Pawar was seen inquiring after his health. He said he wanted to work for the party and assist Pawar saab (NCP chief Sharad Pawar) to strengthen the party.
"I am innocent. I have not done anything wrong". If I die before this is accomplished, people will believe I was guilty. "If I come out of prison, it will only take me a few days to prove my innocence". Though they refused to speak to the media, Kadam indicated that he voted for Kovind.
HSN, Inc. (HSNI) PT Raised to $40.00
September 15 investment analysts at Citigroup held the stock rating at "Buy" but lowered the price target from $82.00 to $58.00. The institutional investors in our partner's database now own: 30.10 million shares, down from 30.99 million shares in 2016Q3.
Bhujbal has been in the Enforcement Directorate (ED) custody for almost 18 months for involvement in various alleged corruption and money-laundering cases.
Bhujbal is in jail for more than a year now over charges of corruption in the construction of Maharashtra Sadan at Delhi during his tenure as PWD minister. The Bombay High Court had on Friday granted permission to NCP MLA Ramesh Kadam, who is in jail after his arrest in an alleged corruption case, to vote in the election.
Please Wait while comments are loading.
- Trump Administration to Rival Obama In Civilian Casualties Abroad
- IIFA 2017: Alia Bhatt, Shahid Kapoor Win Best Actors, 'Neerja' Best Film
- How major US stock market indexes fared on Monday
- ON Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ:ON) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research to Hold
- Philippines' Duterte makes fresh rape joke
- Unsurprisingly, Democrats are leading among those unregistering to vote in Colorado
- Operation Southern Shield targeting speeders in 4 states
- Funk Flex Premieres Previously Unreleased Fugees Track
- NHL: Philadelphia Flyers sign 2017 No. 2 overall draft pick Nolan Patrick
- The Inspiration for Rumi Carter's Name Was Just Explained by Tina Knowles