Mumbai: Jailed MLAs Chhagan Bhujbal and Ramesh Kadam of the NCP were among 287 of the State's 288 MLAs who cast their vote in the presidential elections on Monday. Nalasopara MLA Kshitij Thakur, representing Bahujan Vikas Aghadi, was the only MLA who didn't vote as he was overseas. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis was one of the first to exercise his franchise at Vidhan Bhavan.
Last month, the ailing Bhujbal had moved a Special Court in Mumbai seeking permission to go and cast his vote in the Presidential election which was granted despite stiff opposition by the prosecution. Ajit Pawar was seen inquiring after his health. He said he wanted to work for the party and assist Pawar saab (NCP chief Sharad Pawar) to strengthen the party.
"I am innocent. I have not done anything wrong". If I die before this is accomplished, people will believe I was guilty. "If I come out of prison, it will only take me a few days to prove my innocence". Though they refused to speak to the media, Kadam indicated that he voted for Kovind.
ON Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ:ON) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research to Hold
The institutional investors in our partner's database now own: 290.57 million shares, up from 287.28 million shares in 2016Q3. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at the SEC website .
Bhujbal has been in the Enforcement Directorate (ED) custody for almost 18 months for involvement in various alleged corruption and money-laundering cases.
Bhujbal is in jail for more than a year now over charges of corruption in the construction of Maharashtra Sadan at Delhi during his tenure as PWD minister. The Bombay High Court had on Friday granted permission to NCP MLA Ramesh Kadam, who is in jail after his arrest in an alleged corruption case, to vote in the election.
Please Wait while comments are loading.
- Charlize Theron on a mission to defy gender norms in 'Atomic Blonde'
- Massachusett court: Employers can't fire workers for using medical pot
- New dress code for players on the LPGA tour
- South Korea proposes military talks to North Korea
- HSN, Inc. (HSNI) PT Raised to $40.00
- The Inspiration for Rumi Carter's Name Was Just Explained by Tina Knowles
- Deux mosquées attaquées dans le nord du pays — Israël
- Winfrey, DuVernay tease 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Japan says time for pressure, not dialogue with North Korea
- Operation Southern Shield targeting speeders in 4 states