Heath Meyer is still in critical condition after getting hit by a vehicle during a high speed chase Friday.
"Right now, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol is going through a tremendous amount of pain", Public Safety Commissioner Michael Thompson said.
According to OHP officials, Lt. Heath Meyer was putting out stop sticks on the highway when he was struck by the vehicle law enforcement was pursing on I-35 near NW 27th Street in Moore.
The train, which was hauling 98 cars, was unable to stop before it hit the man, Philippi said.
OHP searches for witnesses to crash that left trooper in critical condition
"This accident happening the way it did, in the unavoidable manner that it did, doesn't help console the guys that were involved in it at the time", OHP Chief Rick Adams said.
The driver of the fleeing vehicle, Dangelo Ladon Burgess, 28, was taken into custody Friday night. He has been arrested and faces felony charges of eluding an officer and causing great bodily injury while unlicensed.
"He was a deacon, and I just learned over the weekend he was a pastor of a small church in Cleveland County".
UAE denies Washington Post report it orchestrated Qatar hack
However, US officials are reportedly unsure whether the UAE government itself carried out the attacks or contracted a third party. The objective of the hacking was to embed false news stories of an incendiary nature that led to the current Gulf crisis.
- Seaport Global Securities Downgrades Concho Resources Inc. (NYSE:CXO) to Neutral
- Bordeaux espère toujours Javi Garcia
- François Baroin a raison de défendre la taxe d'habitation
- Bauke Mollema s'impose au Puy-en-Velay
- Arya Storylines We Want to See in GAME OF THRONES Season 7
- Huge demand for 'Game of Thrones' season 7 premiere crashes HBO website
- Cousins Properties Incorporated (NYSE:CUZ) Shares Bought by State Street Corp
- No red carpet for Trump: London Mayor
- Cotiviti Holdings, Inc. (COTV) Reached a New 52-Week High
- American Tower Corporation (REIT) (NYSE:AMT) Reviewed By Analysts