Heath Meyer is still in critical condition after getting hit by a vehicle during a high speed chase Friday.
"Right now, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol is going through a tremendous amount of pain", Public Safety Commissioner Michael Thompson said.
According to OHP officials, Lt. Heath Meyer was putting out stop sticks on the highway when he was struck by the vehicle law enforcement was pursing on I-35 near NW 27th Street in Moore.
The train, which was hauling 98 cars, was unable to stop before it hit the man, Philippi said.
OHP searches for witnesses to crash that left trooper in critical condition
"This accident happening the way it did, in the unavoidable manner that it did, doesn't help console the guys that were involved in it at the time", OHP Chief Rick Adams said.
The driver of the fleeing vehicle, Dangelo Ladon Burgess, 28, was taken into custody Friday night. He has been arrested and faces felony charges of eluding an officer and causing great bodily injury while unlicensed.
"He was a deacon, and I just learned over the weekend he was a pastor of a small church in Cleveland County".
Japan to warn of greater threat from North Korea in new report
Millions of Koreans were divided by the 1950-53 war and many relatives have died without seeing each other since the separation. Mr Moon has said he would use both dialogues and pressures to resolve the standoff over North Korea's nuclear programme.
- Huge demand for 'Game of Thrones' season 7 premiere crashes HBO website
- Stock Floundering in Session: AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:AMC)
- The Alimentation Couche Tard Inc (ATD.B) Price Target Raised to C$80.00 at Royal Bank Of Canada
- Bauke Mollema s'impose au Puy-en-Velay
- Subway gives itself a makeover - with tech updates
- Bordeaux espère toujours Javi Garcia
- Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA) Shares Bought by Fund Evaluation Group LLC
- François Baroin a raison de défendre la taxe d'habitation
- Citadel Advisors LLC Has $1.13 Million Position in NeoGenomics, Inc. (NASDAQ:NEO)
- Cotiviti Holdings, Inc. (COTV) Reached a New 52-Week High