Two teenage girls wearing leggings were this year barred from boarding a United Airlines flight because they did not meet a dress code for special pass travelers, sparking a furore on social media. Much backlash, from tennis players to magazines, have widely criticized the new changes with some of the most glaring new restrictions being the banning of plunging necklines, leggings or revealing skirts on the course.
Michelle Wie's outfit would fall foul of the LPGA Tour's strict new dress code, with no collar and too short a skirt.
From Monday, the LPGA will crack down on athletic wear following a July 2 e-mail to all players from its player-president Vicki Goetze-Ackerman which detailed an extensive list of clothing that will no longer be allowed on course and at pro-am parties on the tour.
Plunging necklines are NOT allowed. In March, Golf Digest noted that the LPGA had allowed golfers to wear collarless, sleeveless shirts and short skirts nearly all year-which, author Keely Levins noted, actually made a lot of sense from a mobility perspective.
Procter & Gamble Company (The) (NYSE:PG) Shares Bought by Addison Capital Co
Foster Dykema Cabot & Co Inc bought 309,234 shares as the company's stock declined 5.32% while stock markets rallied. The institutional investor owned 12,172 shares of the company's stock after selling 22 shares during the period.
Goetze-Ackerman also said that "appropriate attire" should be worn to industry events so athletes "present a professional image". "Apparently, the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) missed the memo about that". Dressy jeans are allowed, but cut-offs or jeans with holes are NOT allowed.
Athletes will face a $1,000 fine for a first offense of the new policy. It will double for each subsequent violation.
Heather Daly-Donofrio, the LPGA tour's chief communications and tour operations officer, told Golf Digest that the modified dress code was implemented on the basis of professionalism. Skirts, skirts-shorts, or shorts should be of a length deemed appropriate, so that we can not see the butt of the cue at any time, including when she is squatting down.
- Reliance m-cap crosses Rs 5 lakh crore for the first time
- Home Depot, Inc. (The) (HD) Position Held by Rand Wealth LLC
- Country Thunder organizers very happy with this year's event
- Caterpillar, Inc. (NYSE:CAT) Shares Bought by LS Investment Advisors LLC
- 'It' Director Andy Muschietti Set To Helm 'Robotech' For Sony
- Romelu Lukaku Warned of Increased Pressure by Michael Carrick
- US Silica Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:SLCA) Position Maintained by Texan Capital Management
- Voice of Kermit The Frog, Steve Whitmire, Fired After 27 Years
- Lonzo Ball Rocks The Unreleased Under Armour Curry 4
- Japan's floating space drone offers a window into the ISS