"Oh you can do that all day just so you can have something to write about", the elder Ball told ESPN.
"It's making a statement to the brands of what they could have had with an open mind", Ball said in a text message to ESPN's Darren Rovell. "The brand is nothing without the players".
Over two months later, Lonzo Ball has been drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers, and during game action Ball has taken the court in each of the three major shoe brands he and his father were unable to strike a deal with. After his son wore rival shoes, LaVar Ball said they are still open to a new shoe deal if the "price is right". "Quite frankly we are officially in the shoe game, and are a billion-dollar brand either way". For the third game he wore Nike, for the fourth Adidas, and for the fifth, on Saturday night against the Brooklyn Nets, he wore Stephen Curry's yet-to-be-released Under Armour brand. ESPN's Cassidy Hubbarth asked Ball before Sunday's game.
"You insinuated to me yesterday that this is all part of a master plan". With no deal in place, the Balls then debuted the ZO2 sneaker under their Big Baller Brand umbrella, with models retailing for $495.
BNP Paribas Fined $246 Million By Fed over Rigging of Forex Markets
BNP Paribas said it has since strengthened internal oversight and compliance measures, but pledged to continue those improvements. The scandal has touched banks that include Barclays, the Royal Bank of Scotland, Deutsche Bank, UBS and JP Morgan Chase.
The Big Baller Brand has sold its shoes online.
The biggest story of the Summer League, aside from the rises of Dennis Smith and Lonzo Ball, is the drama surrounding Ball's shoe deal, or lack thereof.
"Something like that", Ball said.
Lonzo Ball wore Nike shoes as he scored 36 points with 11 assists, eight rebounds, five steals, and two blocks. Playing on the Lakers, plus the power of his holdout, could boost that to over $2 million per year.
- US Silica Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:SLCA) Position Maintained by Texan Capital Management
- Japan's floating space drone offers a window into the ISS
- Technicals on Watch For Invesco Van Kampen High Income Trust II (VLT)
- Maltempo, tromba d'aria in spiaggia a Ostia. 10 feriti lievi
- Procter & Gamble Company (The) (NYSE:PG) Shares Bought by Addison Capital Co
- Enhanced Character Customization on the PUBG Horizon
- Caterpillar, Inc. (NYSE:CAT) Shares Bought by LS Investment Advisors LLC
- Former Michigan Guard Andrew Dakich Joining Ohio State
- Zwei Kindersitze für das Auto werden zum Schleudersitz
- Holy Smokes! Mindy Kaling is About to Be a New Mommy