Jodie Whittaker is taking the reigns from Peter Capaldi to become the 13th Doctor Who.
The writer, a self-professed Whovian (that's a "Doctor Who" superfan to the uninitiated), tweeted her child's reaction to the news, and the pure joy radiating from her face is palpable.
Jodie Whittaker will be the 13th Doctor Who and the first woman in the role after the BBC named her Sunday as the new time lord, one of the world's most iconic sci-fi characters on television.
He wil hand over the keys to the famous time travelling TARDIS to Jodie during a Christmas special which will also be new executive producer of the show, Chris Chibnall's, first episode after taking over from longtime Doctor Who producer Stephen Moffat.
There were, of course (of course) detractors online who felt the need to criticize Trout's daughter, Trout herself and the very act of choosing a woman for the part, and we're not going to focus on that.
Footage of young woman in miniskirt in Saudi Arabia prompts heated debate
Some are calling for the model to be punished, while others are demanding new rules for women's dress. Another said: "What she did doesn't fall under "personal freedom".
The clip was shown after the Wimbledon men's tennis finals on BBC TV.
The Broadchurch star added: "I want to tell the fans not to be scared by my gender". "It's more than an honor to play the Doctor". "Anyone who has seen Jodie Whittaker's work will know that she is a wonderful actress of great individuality and charm", he said.
"Because this is a really exciting time and Dr Who represents everything that's exciting about change".
Viewers will have to wait until the end of the year before seeing her on-screen. Moffat is leaving the show with Capaldi and has a new project and a "Dracula" series in the making with Gatiss.
With Whittaker boasting a noteworthy filmography - including Black Mirror, Attack the Block, and Chibnall's own series Broadchurch, the showrunner reassures that the actress will bring quite a lot to her portrayal as The Doctor. Her audition simply blew us all away.
- Darling Ingredients Inc. (DAR) Shares Sold by United Capital Financial Advisers LLC
- Darjeeling unrest: GJM supporters demand restoration of internet services
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (VRX) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Wells Fargo & Company
- GOP postpones healthcare vote following Sen. McCain surgery
- Bride turns a canceled $30000 wedding into reception for homeless
- FINA awards Kazan, Budapest 2022, 2024 Short Course Swimming Championships
- Analysts See $2.63 EPS for Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (AMP)
- Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina clinch Wimbledon women's doubles title
- Root's honeymoon over, SAfrica hammers England in 2nd test
- Le 'bull market' toujours bien place — Wall Street