Jodie Whittaker is taking the reigns from Peter Capaldi to become the 13th Doctor Who.
The writer, a self-professed Whovian (that's a "Doctor Who" superfan to the uninitiated), tweeted her child's reaction to the news, and the pure joy radiating from her face is palpable.
Jodie Whittaker will be the 13th Doctor Who and the first woman in the role after the BBC named her Sunday as the new time lord, one of the world's most iconic sci-fi characters on television.
He wil hand over the keys to the famous time travelling TARDIS to Jodie during a Christmas special which will also be new executive producer of the show, Chris Chibnall's, first episode after taking over from longtime Doctor Who producer Stephen Moffat.
There were, of course (of course) detractors online who felt the need to criticize Trout's daughter, Trout herself and the very act of choosing a woman for the part, and we're not going to focus on that.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (VRX) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Wells Fargo & Company
WMS Partners LLC bought a new position in Valeant Pharmaceuticals International during the first quarter valued at about $116,000. Finally, Morgan Stanley increased its stake in shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International by 48.2% in the first quarter.
The clip was shown after the Wimbledon men's tennis finals on BBC TV.
The Broadchurch star added: "I want to tell the fans not to be scared by my gender". "It's more than an honor to play the Doctor". "Anyone who has seen Jodie Whittaker's work will know that she is a wonderful actress of great individuality and charm", he said.
"Because this is a really exciting time and Dr Who represents everything that's exciting about change".
Viewers will have to wait until the end of the year before seeing her on-screen. Moffat is leaving the show with Capaldi and has a new project and a "Dracula" series in the making with Gatiss.
With Whittaker boasting a noteworthy filmography - including Black Mirror, Attack the Block, and Chibnall's own series Broadchurch, the showrunner reassures that the actress will bring quite a lot to her portrayal as The Doctor. Her audition simply blew us all away.
- Nantes dévoile son maillot extérieur
- Analysts See $2.63 EPS for Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (AMP)
- Chick-fil-A Testing Family Style Meals, New Sides
- Westwood Holdings Group Inc. Boosts Stake in Hubbell Inc (HUBB)
- Bride turns a canceled $30000 wedding into reception for homeless
- Le 'bull market' toujours bien place — Wall Street
- US Outlines Priorities for NAFTA Negotiations
- Insider Trading at Bassett Furniture Industries Incorporated?
- GOP postpones healthcare vote following Sen. McCain surgery
- Darling Ingredients Inc. (DAR) Shares Sold by United Capital Financial Advisers LLC