While his highly anticipated movie version of Stephen King's "It" doesn't bow for another two months, Andy Muschietti looks to have already found his follow-up, attaching himself to Sony's adaptation of "Robotech". It was re-edited and re-dialogued to combine three Japanese anime series to give the producers enough episodes to air as a daily syndicated series. Muschietti will now direct and executive produce alongside his sister Barbara (Mama) and Gianni Nunnari (Shutter Island) and Mark Canton (300: Rise of an Empire). The show tells a multigenerational story in which a series of galactic wars are fought between a variety of alien invaders and mankind, which is using advanced mecha technology.
Hollywood has been trying to bring the mechas to the big screen for over a decade, with Sony picking up the rights in 2015. Andy Muschietti, the director of the upcoming horror It, is set to go from the world of scary clowns to the action-adventure universe of giant robotic machines. David Hopwood will oversee for Canton while Shannon Gaulding is overseeing for Hollywood Gang. The movie's trailer scored one of the largest views ever in a 24-hour period, with prerelease interest at stratospheric levels.
ON Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ:ON) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research to Hold
The institutional investors in our partner's database now own: 290.57 million shares, up from 287.28 million shares in 2016Q3. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at the SEC website .
Muschietti also recently signed on to direct a new TV pilot for an adaptation of Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez's Locke & Key.
He is repped by WME.
- Reliance m-cap crosses Rs 5 lakh crore for the first time
- Procter & Gamble Company (The) (NYSE:PG) Shares Bought by Addison Capital Co
- NHL: Philadelphia Flyers sign 2017 No. 2 overall draft pick Nolan Patrick
- UAE behind 'fake news' cyber attack on Qatar, say U.S. officials
- Black Panther's Chadwick Boseman Meets Fans at D23 Expo!
- Un bébé naît dans la voiture de ses parents, le 14 juillet
- Wells Fargo Global Dividend Oppty Fund
- The Inspiration for Rumi Carter's Name Was Just Explained by Tina Knowles
- Japan's floating space drone offers a window into the ISS
- Garcia excited by Spanish sporting success