The recent GOP policy debate on health care has me seriously concerned for not only my patients but for all Americans, and only serves to provide tax breaks for the wealthiest citizens. But it kept the core of the earlier bill, including ending the expansion of Medicaid that was instrumental in enabling Obamacare to expand coverage to 20 million people, and restructuring that social safety-net program. "But yes, I believe that when we have a full contingent of Senators that we'll have that vote and it's important that we do so", Cornyn added.
And that's the whole point of the Obamacare repeal movement - lower the cost of insurance for working families.
It would also allow small business associations to group their members into insurance purchasing groups.
Moderate Republican Senator Susan Collins, who opposes the bill, said that the major concern for her were the cuts to Medicaid, the government health insurance programme for the poor.
New dress code for players on the LPGA tour
Michelle Wie's outfit would fall foul of the LPGA Tour's strict new dress code, with no collar and too short a skirt. Dressy jeans are allowed, but cut-offs or jeans with holes are NOT allowed.
Of course, this won't end the subsidies required to prop-up Obamacare, so establishment Republicans are also aiming to pump $70 billion into subsidies to help people pay for their premiums. Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan called off a vote in March in the face of a rebellion involving the disparate factions of the party but managed to coax enough lawmakers to back it and engineered narrow approval on May 4. The conference is not united on that.
Kasich's opposition could put pressure on Rob Portman, a Republican senator from OH, who has not yet taken a position on the bill. While Republicans held hearings on alternatives to Obamacare in the past, the Senate Republicans have not held a single hearing on their legislation this session. Rand Paul (R-KY) thinks the BCRA is too Obamacare familiar, retaining numerous latter bill's taxes and regulations. We're all in this together. What happens to the Republicans and will it change the outcome of the midterm elections?
"I think the longer the bill's out there, the more conservative Republicans are going to discover that it's not repeal".
- HSN, Inc. (HSNI) PT Raised to $40.00
- NHL: Ottawa Senators, center Jean-Gabriel Pageau agree to three-year contract
- Charlize Theron on a mission to defy gender norms in 'Atomic Blonde'
- Funk Flex Premieres Previously Unreleased Fugees Track
- The Inspiration for Rumi Carter's Name Was Just Explained by Tina Knowles
- Romelu Lukaku Warned of Increased Pressure by Michael Carrick
- Un village interdit la circulation des mineurs après 23 heures — Aisne
- How major US stock market indexes fared on Monday
- Janus Capital Management LLC Sells 2201352 Shares of Freeport-McMoran, Inc. (FCX)
- Lonzo Ball Rocks The Unreleased Under Armour Curry 4