The second seeded Russian combine on Saturday eased to a 6-0, 6-0 mauling of the ninth seeded Taiwan-Romanian pair.
For the first time since 1953, the ladies Doubles final at Wimbledon has ended in a dreaded double bagel.
They also won their 10th doubles title together, the second one this year after 2017 Dubai, and it is definitely one of the most important ones.
Tour de France: Chris Froome survives scare to retain yellow jersey
With Bardet being a local hero, roadside fans revelled in Froome's situation and reportedly jeered the Briton as he gave chase. Martin's efforts to chip away at the deficit continues to pay off and are making him a genuine danger to the race leaders.
"It's very special", Vesnina told Wimbledon's official website. When we lost at the French Open, we didn't play a good match there at all. We won French Open.
Williams had been trying to win her sixth Wimbledon title. Makarova and Vesnina triumphed for the third time at Grand Slam level, after 2013 Roland Garros and 2014 US Open, which means at next year's Australian Open they will bid to achieve Career Grand Slam. We had it in our minds that we didn't finish something here.
The winning pair will receive £400,000 each in prize money.
- Bassist for Adrenaline Mob dies in fatal crash on interstate
- Afghan forces take district from Taliban; 3 officers killed
- LOSC - Mercato : Pierre Ménès salue le joli coup des Dogues
- 'Toy Story Land' Will Open Summer 2018
- BBC reveals thirteenth Doctor Who is a woman
- Match Officials for semi-final stage announced
- EPS for Western Gas Partners, LP (WES) Expected At $0.51
- Vitré (35) : battue et séquestrée pendant 2 ans par son compagnon ?
- Mercato : Aloé libéré de son contrat (MAJ)
- Borussia Dortmund : Japan's Kagawa extends deal with club to 2020