Spurs have widely reported as suitors for Barkley recently and it appears a move could be back on the cards.
Barkley has impressed for Everton with 21 goals and 21 assists in 150 league appearances for the club though, and so it remains to be seen whether or not a deal can be struck between the two parties as Everton look to continue their big spending this summer too.
The 23-year-old ticks plenty of boxes for Mauricio Pochettino.
The Toffees know the clock is ticking on Spurs deadline of next Wednesday when they depart for their pre-season tour of the USA and will test Levy's nerve and hold out for what they want.
Afrique ASEC Mimosa : Le Burkinabè Aristide Bancé à Al Masry
L'international burkinabè né en septembre 1984 évoluait comme attaquant à l'ASEC Mimosas en Côte d'Ivoire. L'Etalon du Burkina Faso avait été récemment aperçu en Egypte à maintes reprises, selon plusieurs médias.
In the process he's collected 22 global caps with England scoring twice for his country in comfortable wins over San Marino and Lithuania.
"With the ability that Ross has, of course we all want him to be a part of what we're trying to achieve at Everton", Rooney told United Kingdom newspapers.
It is believed that Everton will compromise a deal "in the coming weeks" with Spurs after already signing attacking midfielder Davy Klaassen from Ajax.
Wayne Rooney says that everyone at Everton wants Ross Barkley to be part of the club's future.
Swansea are holding out for 50 million pounds to sell Gylfi, who left White Hart Lane just before Mauricio Pochettino arrived.
- Singapore's exports grew by 8.2 percent after two months of decline
- Un homme entre la vie et la mort après une agression — Loire
- Nitish Kumar to seek fresh mandate if Tejashwi fails to come clean?
- Le président Maduro renouvelle son appel à un dialogue avec l'opposition — Venezuela
- Telegram blocks 'terrorist-related' channels after Indonesia ban
- "Alvaro Morata ? ça va être compliqué" — José Mourinho
- Njie définitivement Olympien — Marseille
- Axed FBI director James Comey writing tell-all memoir
- Pakistan Army chief 'analysing' Kulbhushan Jadhav's plea, decision at the 'earliest'
- Canada's Trudeau meets tiny namesake, the son of refugees