A 70-year-old Home Depot employee was sacked after attempting to stop shoplifters from making off with tools from a Pearland store.
Trying to do the right thing - Jim Tinney says that has guided him pretty well in life.
Jim Tinney jumped into action last month when he saw three men running out of the store carrying tool sets.
'One of them hollered, "let's go" and they all grabbed their kits and started heading out, ' he said.
Reacting instinctively, Tinney said he threw the paint roller extension he was holding at them, hitting one of the shoplifters in the foot.
Harry Styles felt numb at the end of Dunkirk
He wants it to be like you're saying stuff for the first time and doing stuff for the first time - because you are. Harry Styles has an underwater scene in Dunkirk .
"In the Army, they train you to do things like that", Tinney told the station. The men ended up getting away. "But terminate me? That's pretty strong", Tinney said, adding that it's been hard for him to find a new job. Tinney said he thought it was over until two weeks later when he was sacked.
Home Depot's Director of Corporate Communications Stephen Holmes also released a statement regarding the incident, saying that their department store has a very strict policy that should be observed by their security staff when dealing with shoplifters. "We've had deaths and serious injury over the years, and no amount of merchandise is more important than the safety of our associates and customers", Holmes wrote.
"I think they could have written me up and reprimanded me". "I'm 70 years old". I need to work. He admits his training at the store was clear - he should not confront shoplifters. I needed that job. I enjoyed working with the customers helping figure out what they want to do.
A tough lesson for a man who's been around the world serving his country that serving the company he worked for might mean holding off on what seems like a good deed.
"In fact, in just the past 24 hours we've had two shoplifters pull guns at two different stores at both ends of the country", Holmes' statement continued.
- Des malfaiteurs encagoulés sur l'autoroute A9
- Independent Bank Corporation (NASDAQ:IBCP) Receiving Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Study Finds
- Mediterranean diet may reduce the risk of dementia
- French Montana Drops New Album 'Jungle Rules'
- Mondiaux: Muller titrée sur le 10 kilomètres !
- 'No Alternative to Qatar Airbase' says US Defence Secretary
- Macron assure Netanyahu de sa "vigilance" concernant l'accord sur le nucléaire — Iran
- Presidential Election 2017: Ram Nath Kovind vs Meira Kumar
- 10 hurt by runaway boat on Lake Gage
- Argent : les surprenantes confidences d'un proche de Fillon