It's winter in southern South America, but snow is rare in Chile's capital, Santiago.
On a more somber note, a security guard reportedly died from a heart attack while trying to clear snow, according to reports.
Meteorologists say this is the heaviest snowfall in Santiago in a decade, which has caused massive traffic disruptions and forced the postponing of several sporting events including some Copa Chile tournament games.
Still, residents enjoyed the snow, some calling it "magical".
Two other people were injured after being electrocuted by a fallen power line, the statement added.
About 337,000 people were affected by the outages, according to teleSUR.
USCG rescues mother and daughter from rip current
The crew spotted the missing mother and her daughter, who were with a member of the Baldhead Island Ocean Rescue team. But, unlike other incidents involving rip currents in North Carolina earlier this year , this has a happier ending.
Snow accumulated up to almost two inches, reports Sky News.
Drivers in Santiago also faced risky driving conditions amid the unusual weather, which brought the heaviest snowfall to the country's largest city since 2007.
"Climate change is one of the greatest challenges of our time".
"Unpredictable weather patterns, rising sea levels, flood risks and unexpected floods are just a few of its effects reaching an unprecedented scale each year".
"Caution in driving. Santiago is not ready for snow driving".
- Afrique ASEC Mimosa : Le Burkinabè Aristide Bancé à Al Masry
- Telegram blocks 'terrorist-related' channels after Indonesia ban
- Tourcoing: le garçon de 9 ans retrouvé à Paris
- Accusing Pakistan for supporting terrorists, United States cracks down on anti-terror funding
- Britain's future king and queen praise Roger Federer after historic Wimbledon title
- Alex Sandro to snub Chelsea, sign new Juventus contract
- Barça : Paulinho, 40 millions ou rien
- Séoul propose de tenir des négociations avec Pyongyang (Yonhap)
- Nitish Kumar to seek fresh mandate if Tejashwi fails to come clean?
- Kashmir: Hizbul Mujahideen module busted, three arrested