In the wake of the alarming rise in the water levels in various parts of the state, the Odisha government on Sunday sought the help of the Army and the Air Force to rescue the marooned people. The state government has called in the Army and Indian Air Force (IAF) to carry out relief and rescue operations.
However, the situation is being closely monitored by senior officials and ODRAF, CRPF and fire services units have been rushed in to expedite rescue operations, said Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
An East Coast Railway (ECoR) official said the floods affected train services in the Rayagada-Titlagarh railway section as a railway bridge between Theruvali and Singapur Road Railway stations was washed away. "No effort will be spared to ensure the safety of the people, ' said Patnaik".
Four Mi-17 V5 helicopters of IAF have been tasked for the relief and rescue operations.
Odisha is staring at a major flood this monsoon after over 520 mm rainfall in the past 24 hours in Kalahandi and Rayagada districts flooded most parts of the two districts with one person dying in a landslide.
KCR Focussed On Telangana Drug Racket
The Prohibition and Excise Department kept a close focus on all involved in drug mafia and KCR said not to spare anyone involved. The meeting was called on after the recent drug racket bust in Hyderabad .
Bhubaneswar: Due to incessant heavy rainfall, some regions of Rayagada district have been affected by severe flooding since on Saturday night.
After continuous heavy rains in Odisha, the government has issued a red alert in the state. Apart from this, cooked food has been provided to 1,300 affected people, the SRC office stated adding that the Rayagada Collector has been directed to provide cooked food for next seven days to the flood-victims.
Hundreds of villages were marooned by flood waters in the Kalyansingpur block of Rayagada and Thuamul Rampur block of Kalahandi. We are trying to evacuate the stranded people as several areas have been cut off and people have taken shelter on rooftops, " said Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) Bishnupada Sethi.
In fact, reports of floodwater entering four other residential schools for tribals in Kalyansinghpur block were received by Rayagada district administration. "Hence, we have requested for deployment of four helicopters of Indian Air Force for air-dropping of relief materials in the district", said SRC Mr Sethi.
All schools of Kalyansinghpur Block will remain closed although water had started receding in Nagabali as rains stopped by Sunday afternoon.
- USCG rescues mother and daughter from rip current
- Tech Giants Will Be Forced To Decrypt Messages in Australia
- Sam Bird (DS Virgin Racing) remporte la première course à New York
- Accusing Pakistan for supporting terrorists, United States cracks down on anti-terror funding
- Conférence des territoires : le tandem Macron-Philippe s'aventure en terrain glissant
- Kashmir: Hizbul Mujahideen module busted, three arrested
- Énorme offre de Chelsea pour Gonzalo Higuaín — Mercato
- Barça : Paulinho, 40 millions ou rien
- Le président Maduro renouvelle son appel à un dialogue avec l'opposition — Venezuela
- Le PIB poursuit sur sa lancée au 2e trimestre à +6,9% — Chine