Although Trump has often campaigned on a platform that berated companies that moved production overseas, many people believe "Made in America" seems like an odd theme for a man unwilling, or perhaps simply unable, to see his own products produced on American soil.
"The president has been monitoring what's going on with healthcare, and he and his staff have been involved with what's going on in the Senate", White House spokeswoman Helen Aguirre Ferre told Politico. After Monday, on Wednesday, Trump will issue a proclamation on the importance of making goods in America, and will travel to Virginia on Saturday for the commissioning of the USS Gerald R. Ford, a new aircraft carrier.
"This week the Trump administration will honor the awesome American workers and companies who have products that are made in America", Helen Ferre, the White House director of media affairs, told reporters at a Sunday briefing at the White House.
A previous effort to highlight USA manufacturing that you probably don't remember. In August of 2016, the Washington Post compiled a detailed list of Trump products and their known origins of manufacturing.
Singapore's exports grew by 8.2 percent after two months of decline
Integrated circuits, disk media products and capacitors contributed the most to the growth in electronic domestic exports. Exports of electronics cooled in June, expanding by 5.4 per cent year-on-year compared to the 28.9 per cent surge in May.
Similarly, the clothing line of Ivanka Trump, the president's older daughter and a senior White House adviser, relies exclusively on foreign factories employing low-wage workers in countries such as Bangladesh, Indonesia and China, according to a recent Washington Post investigation.
The event will reportedly celebrate American companies that manufacture their products in the U.S.
President Trump signed his "Buy American, Hire American" executive order at a factory in Kenosha, Wis., on April 18. Monday will kick off "Made in America" week, followed by "American Heroes" week, then "American Dreams" week.
Asked why there hadn't been a health care week, a White House official briefing reporters said, "Every day and every week, in a sense, is a health care week".
- Spanish theme park accident: Trains collide on Madrid rollercoaster
- De Grasse storms to Rabat victory, Miller-Uibo wins again
- Samajwadi Party divided, Shivpal backs Kovind
- "Ne balancez pas de la merde" — Alves
- Stop Feeding Us Crumbs, Black Lawyers Association Tells Govt
- Unusual snowfall causes blackouts in Santiago, Chile
- Nitish Kumar to seek fresh mandate if Tejashwi fails to come clean?
- UK, Australian leaders visit site of Borough Market attack
- Première défaite sur 200 m pour Lemaitre aux "France" — Athlétisme
- "Alvaro Morata ? ça va être compliqué" — José Mourinho