And while the more doting among us zeroed in on the babies, the more fashion-oriented among us couldn't help but obsess over the gown Bey chose to wear for the milestone moment.
So it was a huge surprise when he saw the photo, months later.
Not only is it menswear (yes, really), Beyoncé ordered the vintage silk organza frock from designer Alejandro before she was even pregnant.
"It is circa either the 1950s or the 1960s", he continued.
"I love the picture".
Milan : et maintenant, Morata ?
Au rayon des arrivées, Renato Sanches, le milieu de terrain international portugais champion d'Europe du Bayern Munich est suivi. L'attaquant de 30 ans affirmait ainsi vouloir rester à l'AC Milan , club auquel son contrat le lie jusqu'en 2020.
Palomo adds that the piece is particularly significant because his label "celebrates the dismantling of gender norms": in his Spring 2017 lookbook, a man was wearing it.
Palomo Spain designer Alejandro Gómez Palomo toldVogue in comments posted Friday that Beyoncé placed a personal order for the outfit after being sent loaner samples and that he and his team took her measurements, tailored the piece, and sent it back. "It had a midcentury quality - but we changed that", he explained.
"This is a really big surprise, obviously", says Palomo.
"A$3 esthetically and sexually, I have never felt that there should be clear distinctions between masculinity and femininity.""It's a gown, now, that nearly has the shape of a big fur coa - sleeved and open".
- Bloomberg Outlines Plan to Quantify US Climate Efforts
- Watch Beyonce's Mom Tina Knowles Lawson Gush Over Daughter's Newborn Twins
- Chinese censors can't bear Winnie the Pooh
- Tiemoue Bakayoko says Chelsea are 'the biggest English club'
- Procédure d'admission post-bac: la ministre regrette un "énorme gâchis"
- The Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) Announces Dividend Increase - $0.77 Per Share
- Toshiba to hold off chip unit deal until July 28 hearing
- Organised crime gang trading in illegal horsemeat 'dismantled', says Europol
- Sen. Majority Whip: Debate on Health Care Bill Will be 'Open Process'
- Diego Costa fait la fête avec un maillot de l'Atlético Madrid — Chelsea