And while the more doting among us zeroed in on the babies, the more fashion-oriented among us couldn't help but obsess over the gown Bey chose to wear for the milestone moment.
So it was a huge surprise when he saw the photo, months later.
Not only is it menswear (yes, really), Beyoncé ordered the vintage silk organza frock from designer Alejandro before she was even pregnant.
"It is circa either the 1950s or the 1960s", he continued.
"I love the picture".
Manchester United goalkeeper Sergio Romero signs new four-year deal
In fairness, Mourinho did use Romero last season, even starting the veteran for the UEFA Europa League final win over Ajax . According to the deal, he also has an option of spending another season with the Premier League club after 2021.
Palomo adds that the piece is particularly significant because his label "celebrates the dismantling of gender norms": in his Spring 2017 lookbook, a man was wearing it.
Palomo Spain designer Alejandro Gómez Palomo toldVogue in comments posted Friday that Beyoncé placed a personal order for the outfit after being sent loaner samples and that he and his team took her measurements, tailored the piece, and sent it back. "It had a midcentury quality - but we changed that", he explained.
"This is a really big surprise, obviously", says Palomo.
"A$3 esthetically and sexually, I have never felt that there should be clear distinctions between masculinity and femininity.""It's a gown, now, that nearly has the shape of a big fur coa - sleeved and open".
- US Women's Open: South Korea's Park Sung-hyun wins major
- Tiemoue Bakayoko says Chelsea are 'the biggest English club'
- Emmanuel Macron : sa déclaration aux armées humiliante fait polémique
- Vaughan slams 'appalling' England batting
- Organised crime gang trading in illegal horsemeat 'dismantled', says Europol
- Chinese censors can't bear Winnie the Pooh
- Sensex consolidates on gains, Nifty rangebound; both finish in green
- Great catch helps Red Sox earn split with Yankees
- Nustar GP Holdings (NYSE:NSH) Given Daily Media Impact Score of 0.24
- Trump Joins French President Macron For Bastille Day Celebration In Paris