MV Lucky 7 is owned by Golden Globe Hotel Private Limited (GGHPL).
An Indian Coast Guard team rescued four ailing crew members early on Sunday from an offshore casino vessel anchored in the Aguada bay off Panaji after the vessel, drifting in choppy waters, hit a sandbar.
The sources maintained that the jerk suffered by the vessel resulted in seriously injuring one and inflicting minor injuries to three to four others. At 9 pm, on Friday, Dy Captain of Port made a request to rescue the injured crew.
"Nature stopped the unholy designs of the Goa government to bring yet another casino to Goa... the BJP played with the lives of the crew onboard the vessel", All India Congress Committee Secretary Girish Chodankar told reporters. The four were then taken to the MANIPAL hospital for further treatment and their condition is said to be stable.
Nitish Kumar to seek fresh mandate if Tejashwi fails to come clean?
Tejashwi, son of RJD supremo Lalu Prasad , has been named by the CBI as an accused in its probe into the land-for-hotels scam case.
The Congress demanded a probe on how the vessel was allowed to drift from a nearby Mormugao Port Trust berth during monsoon. A few days ago the owner of the vessel had sought permission to anchor in River Mandovi as a refuge vessel which was granted by the court.
"The vessel got stuck in the Aguada sandbar off the Miramar coast".
Aanand Madgaonkar, whose company undertook the salvage operation, blamed the owners of the vessel. The management of the casino is yet to comment on the ongoing tragedy.
- Oil prices firm on signs of United States production slowdown
- Pakistan Army chief 'analysing' Kulbhushan Jadhav's plea, decision at the 'earliest'
- OM-Rami: "Je ne m'attendais pas à jouer aussi vite"
- UK, Australian leaders visit site of Borough Market attack
- Two Bridges Washed Away In Rayagada, Naveen Seeks 4 Choppers From Centre
- Spanish theme park accident: Trains collide on Madrid rollercoaster
- Samajwadi Party divided, Shivpal backs Kovind
- Séoul propose de tenir des négociations avec Pyongyang (Yonhap)
- Axed FBI director James Comey writing tell-all memoir
- Un homme entre la vie et la mort après une agression — Loire