MV Lucky 7 is owned by Golden Globe Hotel Private Limited (GGHPL).
An Indian Coast Guard team rescued four ailing crew members early on Sunday from an offshore casino vessel anchored in the Aguada bay off Panaji after the vessel, drifting in choppy waters, hit a sandbar.
The sources maintained that the jerk suffered by the vessel resulted in seriously injuring one and inflicting minor injuries to three to four others. At 9 pm, on Friday, Dy Captain of Port made a request to rescue the injured crew.
"Nature stopped the unholy designs of the Goa government to bring yet another casino to Goa... the BJP played with the lives of the crew onboard the vessel", All India Congress Committee Secretary Girish Chodankar told reporters. The four were then taken to the MANIPAL hospital for further treatment and their condition is said to be stable.
Unusual snowfall causes blackouts in Santiago, Chile
On a more somber note, a security guard reportedly died from a heart attack while trying to clear snow, according to reports. Two other people were injured after being electrocuted by a fallen power line, the statement added.
The Congress demanded a probe on how the vessel was allowed to drift from a nearby Mormugao Port Trust berth during monsoon. A few days ago the owner of the vessel had sought permission to anchor in River Mandovi as a refuge vessel which was granted by the court.
"The vessel got stuck in the Aguada sandbar off the Miramar coast".
Aanand Madgaonkar, whose company undertook the salvage operation, blamed the owners of the vessel. The management of the casino is yet to comment on the ongoing tragedy.
- Vel d'Hiv: les images de l'arrivée de Benjamin Netanyahu et Emmanuel Macron
- Spanish theme park accident: Trains collide on Madrid rollercoaster
- De Grasse storms to Rabat victory, Miller-Uibo wins again
- Love Island 2017: Jonny Mitchell angry after Tyla Carr snogs Mike Thalassitis
- Njie définitivement Olympien — Marseille
- BJP to announce VP nominee after Presidential poll gets over on Monday
- Intex Aqua Selfie launched with Android Nougat and 4G VoLTE
- UK, Australian leaders visit site of Borough Market attack
- Séoul propose de tenir des négociations avec Pyongyang (Yonhap)
- Two Bridges Washed Away In Rayagada, Naveen Seeks 4 Choppers From Centre