According to a statement issued by Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) on June 22, Jadhav had filed a mercy plea to General Bajwa after the Pakistani military appellate court had rejected his plea. Islamabad has dismissed New Delhi's consular access request, as well as that of his mother, to Jadhav more than 15 times. Jadhav, a former officer in the Indian Navy, is now on death row in Pakistan on charges of espionage and subversive activities.
Pakistan Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa will take a decision on the mercy appeal of alleged Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav at the earliest, it was announced on Sunday. Later on, The International Court of Justice in The Hague in May halted his execution on India's appeal. India continues to refute the charges. However, India maintains that he was kidnapped from Iran where he had business interests after retiring from the Navy.
India has described as propaganda Pakistan's claims of evidence against Jadhav, saying his so-called confessions under duress have no meaning.
Sam Bird (DS Virgin Racing) remporte la première course à New York
Bird a fait son arrêt un tour après ses rivaux, en profitant d'une intervention de la voiture de sécurité virtuelle. Les NEXTEV Nio confirment leur bonne forme avec Oliver Turvey en 4 position devant Nelson Piquet Jr.
"The reasons for Jadhav's conviction and incarceration suggest that Pakistan may not be legally required to allow his mother to visit him or indeed grant her a Visa at all, but it ought to be considered on humanitarian grounds", the editorial read.
The Dawn, in an editorial, said that a Visa application by the mother of convicted Jadhav is the latest opportunity for India and Pakistan to back away from an increasingly confrontational stance against each other.
Pakistan has argued that spies are not entitled to consular access following an agreement made with India in 2008. The army said that its chief of staff is now looking into the matter and will make a decision on merits. If his appeal is rejected, he can file another petition to Pakistan's President.
- Woman's body found in buck's party hotel room
- Une jeune-femme, victime d'un malaise, meurt percutée par le métro — Lyon
- Two Bridges Washed Away In Rayagada, Naveen Seeks 4 Choppers From Centre
- Germany confirms two nationals killed in Egypt attack
- Tech Giants Will Be Forced To Decrypt Messages in Australia
- Afrique ASEC Mimosa : Le Burkinabè Aristide Bancé à Al Masry
- Canada's Trudeau meets tiny namesake, the son of refugees
- KCR Focussed On Telangana Drug Racket
- Kuwait: it's premature for OPEC to cap Libya, Nigeria oil output
- Telegram blocks 'terrorist-related' channels after Indonesia ban