The Columbus Dispatch reports doctors thought 38-year-old Zach Lawrence had little chance of waking up when he returned to Columbus in April after the accident in the Republic of Georgia.
While recuperating at Dodd Hall Rehabilitation Center at Ohio State University, the Dublin resident was given one button to push for "yes" and another to push for "no". He's begun making sounds, keeping his eyes open and smiling at his children.
"Do you like MI?" he was asked.
Zach Lawrence was in a coma after he was involved in a vehicle accident in the Republic of Georgia, the Columbus Dispatch reports.
"He always makes a face when we mention Michigan", Meghan Lawrence said. "We're pretty sure he's in there".
Google wins court battle with Labor Department over wage gap data
A judge ruled Friday that Google does not have to give up all data demanded by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), due to privacy concerns.
Lawrence was riding in a auto during his business trip to the Republic of Georgia when it drove into a ravine and flipped a few times. The auto rolled over numerous times and hit a tree, killing two of the five occupants. Lawrence suffered brain injuries as well as breaking his nose and all of his left ribs.
His wife, father and brother, who are both named David, flew to Georgia and decided he should recover back in the U.S. They raised tens of thousands of dollars to fly him to Vienna, then to Columbus and Ohio State.
Lawrence is now scheduled to stay at Ohio State University's Dodd Hall rehabilitation hospital until Friday, July 21.
"He's now considered semiconscious", Meghan Lawrence said.
"We're basically dealing with the healing brain", she said. "He has a long way to go, and he's already come such a long way".
- Hyundai i30: Hotter Design Spells Doom For Honda Civic
- AAA Michigan: Statewide average gas prices fall 8 cents
- Hossam El Badry suspendu par la CAF — Al Ahly
- 2 dead following Seal Beach standoff
- Student headed to WMU could be executed in Saudi Arabia
- Axalta Coating Systems Ltd (AXTA) EPS Estimated At $0.39
- Griffiths, Celtic and Linfield charged after ill-tempered Champions League tie
- Woman plans sting operation to recover stolen bicycle from thief
- Les collectivités devront économiser 13 milliards d'euros, annonce Darmanin
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell completely healed from core muscle surgery