The Columbus Dispatch reports doctors thought 38-year-old Zach Lawrence had little chance of waking up when he returned to Columbus in April after the accident in the Republic of Georgia.
While recuperating at Dodd Hall Rehabilitation Center at Ohio State University, the Dublin resident was given one button to push for "yes" and another to push for "no". He's begun making sounds, keeping his eyes open and smiling at his children.
"Do you like MI?" he was asked.
Zach Lawrence was in a coma after he was involved in a vehicle accident in the Republic of Georgia, the Columbus Dispatch reports.
"He always makes a face when we mention Michigan", Meghan Lawrence said. "We're pretty sure he's in there".
Hyundai i30: Hotter Design Spells Doom For Honda Civic
Compared to the five-door version, the i30 N is 4 mm lower with 18-inch wheels and 8 mm lower with 19-inch wheels. Both outputs deliver a maximum torque of 353Nm and allow the vehicle to hit a top speed of 250 kmph.
Lawrence was riding in a auto during his business trip to the Republic of Georgia when it drove into a ravine and flipped a few times. The auto rolled over numerous times and hit a tree, killing two of the five occupants. Lawrence suffered brain injuries as well as breaking his nose and all of his left ribs.
His wife, father and brother, who are both named David, flew to Georgia and decided he should recover back in the U.S. They raised tens of thousands of dollars to fly him to Vienna, then to Columbus and Ohio State.
Lawrence is now scheduled to stay at Ohio State University's Dodd Hall rehabilitation hospital until Friday, July 21.
"He's now considered semiconscious", Meghan Lawrence said.
"We're basically dealing with the healing brain", she said. "He has a long way to go, and he's already come such a long way".
- Woman dragged along Rome metro platform after bag gets stuck in door
- MMA Heavyweight Dies After Fight
- Axalta Coating Systems Ltd (AXTA) EPS Estimated At $0.39
- Deadpool 2: How Funny Is Cable and Does He Talk About Thanos?
- Tennis - L'incroyable exploit de Federer à Wimbledon
- Police arrest suspect in fatal shooting of Tampa store clerk
- Student headed to WMU could be executed in Saudi Arabia
- Griffiths, Celtic and Linfield charged after ill-tempered Champions League tie
- Hossam El Badry suspendu par la CAF — Al Ahly
- Tottenham makes U-turn in Ross Barkley deal