Available in two variants - SG and SL, the Suzuki Swift Hybrid is a lot of different from the hybrids that were shown at the time of the global unveil which were equipped with SHVS, and instead carries an electric motor assisting the petrol unit.
Swift HYBRID SL variant is equipped with paddle shift. The hatchback pairs the standard 91hp 1.2-litre petrol motor to a 10 kW Motor Generator Unit (MGU) and a 5-speed Auto Gear Shift (AGS) gearbox. The Swift Hybrid SL variant also comes with paddle shifters, while the auto is loaded on safety tech including Suzuki's Dual Camera Brake Support that uses lasers and cameras to help detect pedestrians.
The system offers two driving modes to let the driver select between brisk driving, and driving with priority on fuel efficiency by increasing the frequency of EV driving. Suzuki has managed to weigh the Swift Hybrid just under 1000 kg, which results in the hatchback qualifying for several tax benefits in Japan.
Thunderstorms predicted for North Somerset as Met Office issues flood warning
The Met Office is warning people to be prepared for thundery showers on Tuesday and Wednesday, and has issued a yellow weather alert.
The new Swift Hybrid also comes with safety features including the Dual Sensor Brake Support (DSBS) collision-mitigating system that features a monocular camera and laser sensor to detect pedestrians and vehicles ahead, curtain airbags and front seat side airbags as standard.
The Hybrid Swift has now been reserved for sale in Japanese market, the company has not revealed its plans about launching it in other parts of the world.
- American Airplane Makes Emergency Landing as one Passenger 'Passes Gas' in plane
- Afghan forces take district from Taliban; 3 officers killed
- Gujarat High Court dismisses Essar Steel petition
- South Korea proposes inter-Korean military talks to thaw cross-border tension
- Vitré (35) : battue et séquestrée pendant 2 ans par son compagnon ?
- La grosse bourde de Lucas Biglia à Milan — "Forza Lazio!"
- Borussia Dortmund : Japan's Kagawa extends deal with club to 2020
- Mercato : Aloé libéré de son contrat (MAJ)
- MH17 trial best option for justice: Bishop
- Global Shielding Cases Market Outlook 2017