The bill, advanced two weeks ago by the Bayit Yehudi party led by Minister Naftali Bennett, would make it more hard for the Knesset to vote away pieces of the capital in any future peace agreement with the Palestinian Authority.
The basic law now requires the consent of at least 61 MKs, a majority in the 120-member Knesset, for handing over sovereign control of any part of the capital to foreign governments or agencies, including the Palestinians.
Bennett said that "uniting around the united Jerusalem bill will strengthen us in the world and prevent future pressures on Israel". Bennet applauded the committee's decision, stating "Jerusalem was saved twice from being divided; once in a process headed by Ehud Olmert and once by Ehud Barak".
Singapore's exports grew by 8.2 percent after two months of decline
Integrated circuits, disk media products and capacitors contributed the most to the growth in electronic domestic exports. Exports of electronics cooled in June, expanding by 5.4 per cent year-on-year compared to the 28.9 per cent surge in May.
Legislation preventing the division of Jerusalem in a possible peace deal is advancing through the Knesset, making it increasingly unlikely that the holy city will become a Palestinian capital in the future. Netanyahu cited the coalition agreement as the reason for his actions, but he is thought to have an eye on US President Donald Trump and his efforts to negotiate a deal between Israel and the Palestinians.
The loophole was created after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu blocked the proposal two weeks ago. Promoting legislation that could tie Netanyahu's hands in peace talks could alienate Trump.
- Njie définitivement Olympien — Marseille
- Coles Under Pressure To Reveal Its Plastic Bag Numbers
- Wayne Rooney urges midfielder Ross Barkley to stay at Everton
- Spanish theme park accident: Trains collide on Madrid rollercoaster
- Samajwadi Party divided, Shivpal backs Kovind
- Oil prices firm on signs of United States production slowdown
- Première défaite sur 200 m pour Lemaitre aux "France" — Athlétisme
- Pakistan Army chief 'analysing' Kulbhushan Jadhav's plea, decision at the 'earliest'
- De Grasse storms to Rabat victory, Miller-Uibo wins again
- Two Bridges Washed Away In Rayagada, Naveen Seeks 4 Choppers From Centre