Samardzija's 10 losses are tied for the most in the National League, but the 32-year-old actually served as the Giants' most reliable starter in the first half.
Matt Szczur and Jabari Blash also went deep for the Padres, who have won six of their last nine to move five games ahead of the last-place Giants.
A day after a report surfaced indicating the Houston Astros are taking a serious look at Samardzija, the Giants' right-hander suffered through a miserable outing in San Diego, allowing seven runs over his first three innings of work against the Padres.
Julianne Hough and hubby share wonderful honeymoon pics: 'And so it begins...'
The adorable couple were engaged in 2015 after a year and a half of dating, and now they're finally husband and wife. Hough is a judge on Dancing With the Stars and recently performed in the live television version of Grease .
Nunez returned to the Giants' on Friday night after spending almost a month on the disabled list with a hamstring strain, while Cueto was placed on the disabled list Saturday afternoon after blister issues that have caused him trouble throughout the 2017 season cropped up again during a short outing in the Giants-Padres series opener. Giants ace Madison Bumgarner returned from the disabled list Saturday and tossed seven strong innings but settled for a no-decision after Hector Sanchez belted a two-run homer in the ninth to give San Diego a 5-3 victory. He finished with eight strikeouts and zero walks, continuing his dominant K/BB ratio this season. Blash was recalled from Triple-A El Paso on Friday to replace injured right fielder Hunter Renfroe (neck) and has gone 4-for-8 with a homer and three RBIs in the first two games of the series. He batted eighth and played center field.
The Giants have had a habit of making opposing veterans look like Cy Young candidates this year, and on Sunday, a Brandon Crawford RBI single was the lone run San Francisco scratched across against the San Diego right-hander.
Samardzija did end up lasting until the 6th inning despite the early runs.
- President Trump returns home after Paris trip
- China blocks banks from lending to Dalian Wanda entertainment company
- Everton swoop for Southampton's Martina
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company NV's (NYSE:CBI) Underperform Rating Reaffirmed at Macquarie
- Mercato AS Roma: Totti s'éloigne du Japon
- Disney adds third newbuild at Meyer Werft-all LNG ships
- Prince Harry's friend says engagement with Meghan Markle is on
- Tata Nexon's India launch confirmed for festive season; specs revealed
- NEXT Financial Group Inc Holds Stake in Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. (SRC)
- Higher taxes drive away overseas buy-to-let investors