Manny Pacquiao has hinted he will continue his boxing career despite having lost to Australia's Jeff Horn earlier this month via a controversial decision that angered fans and prompted the World Boxing Organization to review the Brisbane fight. He also said that if he were Pacquiao, he would ask him to "chase easier fights" than Horn.
Horn carved out a disputable 12-round unanimous decision last July 2 at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, and reportedly pocketed just $500,000, while Pacquiao took $10 million.
On Monday, the WBO said in a statement that three of the five independent judges who scrutinized the bout awarded it to Horn, one awarded it to Pacquiao and one scored it a draw.
US Women's Open: South Korea's Park Sung-hyun wins major
She gained the solo advantage after Choi pushed her tee shot into the water on the par-3 16 hole and made double bogey. Women's Open victor Park Sung-hyun, whose long-hitting and ultra-aggressive style set her apart from many compatriots.
The ninth round was a focal point in the match as Pacquiao dominated Horn, almost knocking him down numerous times, prompting the referee to almost stop the fight after the ninth round before Horn's corner convinced the referee to give him another chance to fight.
The fight, in front of more than 51,000 people, was scored 117-111 by Waleksa Roldan and 115-113 each by Chris Flores and Ramon Cerdan - Roldan's score coming in for heavy criticism. Pacquiao had Horn in wobbling and in trouble in the 9th round, but couldn't finish him off.
GAB chairman Abraham Kahlil Mitra last week welcomed the WBO's decision to conduct the review, saying it would send a strong signal that any sign of leniency, abuse of authority or wrongdoing would not be tolerated. "Our feeling is, if you're quiet, you'll get abused, but if you complain, they'll be careful". "If it can be done to him, it can be done to any other Filipino boxer".
- Serie A giants hold talks with Bayern Munich over Renato Sanches
- Tiemoue Bakayoko says Chelsea are 'the biggest English club'
- Sensex consolidates on gains, Nifty rangebound; both finish in green
- 'Soulless' Hillary Clinton 'Would Literally Sell Her Daughter to Be President'
- Z's '4:44' Tops Charts, Earning His 14th Number One Album
- Great catch helps Red Sox earn split with Yankees
- Watch Beyonce's Mom Tina Knowles Lawson Gush Over Daughter's Newborn Twins
- JJ Watt takes shot at Lonzo Ball over sneakers
- Chinese censors can't bear Winnie the Pooh
- Emmanuel Macron : sa déclaration aux armées humiliante fait polémique