The arrests stemmed from a scuffle among competing demonstrators outside the busy Hollywood and Highland shopping complex, police said. The man was given medical aid from a member of the pro-Trump "Proud Boys" group, according to the report.
Despite a lot of shouting and name calling, the demonstrations remained mostly peaceful and without incident.
Protesters have rallied in the streets of cities across the United States to demand the impeachment of President Donald Trump, and at least two people have been arrested.
Tourist crowds, oddly dressed superheros and slowly moving traffic were back to normal for a hot Hollywood summer day Sunday after angry politics temporarily trumped movies with at least two arrests.
On Saturday, Trump supporters began gathering about 1 p.m. near Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star in front of the shopping center.
Hundreds in Hollywood call for an end to the Trump Administration
Meanwhile, protesters on both sides waved signs, chanted slogans and shouted at their counterparts on the other side.
The groups were separated after the skirmish, with the officers standing between the two sides. "The Trump/Pence Regime Must Go!"
Los Angeles police Sgt. Neil Wank said that one man was arrested on suspicion of battery. The victim, who identified himself only as Gray wolf, 72, said he was punched in the face by "a disgruntled Trump supporter". In June, the star was covered with stickers during the LA Pride Resist March.
The rally, organized by Refuse Fascism L.A., called for Trump's administration to be removed from power. Around 350 people attended in total, according to ABC.
In New York City, the activists first gathered outside the Trump Tower and then marched toward Times Square and 9th Avenue, chanting slogans such as "No Trump, No KKK, No fascist US".
New Look At Sony's Spider-Man Video Game
In Marc Webb's The Amazing Spider-Man, Martin Sheen was in the same role to Andrew Garfield's version of the webhead. A 42-year-old Maguire might seem young for the part, but Holland's Spidey is only 15 in Homecoming .
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She Has "Considered" a Senate Run
- Love Island 2017: Jonny Mitchell angry after Tyla Carr snogs Mike Thalassitis
- Macron appelle la justice à "la clarté" — Affaire Sarah Halimi
- In Wake Of Brexit Merkel Vows To Strengthen EU
- Moto G5S Plus Specs, Release Date
- Al Pacino in new Paterno movie
- Iran's foreign ministry: U.S. violating nuclear deal
- Detroit Pistons to waive guard Michael Gbinije
- Stress, Poverty Raise Alzheimer's Rates in This Group
- Analysts Recommended this Stock: Verastem, Inc. (VSTM)