Holding an illegal presidential election in the Azerbaijani territories occupied by Armenia is another Armenia's provocation, Azerbaijan's Foreign Ministry spokesman Hikmat Hajiyev said.
"It is very well known that "head" of puppet criminal regime, as well as members of so-called "parliament" are appointed by the political-military authorities of Armenia and they fulfill the functions of marionette", Hajiyev noted.
"The illegal regime established by Armenia in the temporarily occupied territories of Azerbaijan is ultimately nothing else than the product of aggression and occupation and bloody ethnic cleansing".
Holding illegitimate "presidential elections" by the illegal "parliament" is nothing but self-deception, he added.
It is yet another political provocation of Armenia.
New Look At Sony's Spider-Man Video Game
In Marc Webb's The Amazing Spider-Man, Martin Sheen was in the same role to Andrew Garfield's version of the webhead. A 42-year-old Maguire might seem young for the part, but Holland's Spidey is only 15 in Homecoming .
The only possible way to achieve a sustainable and long-term settlement is the withdrawal of the Armenian armed forces from the occupied Azerbaijani territories, as required by the UN Security Council resolutions, the return of refugees and internally displaced persons to their native lands, the restoration of the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan within the internationally recognized borders, the joint peaceful residence of the Azerbaijani and Armenian communities of Nagorno-Karabakh within the borders of Azerbaijan, added the official.
"Instead of wasting time and misleading its own people and the worldwide community, Armenia must cease its policy of occupation and engage constructively in the conflict settlement process and comply with its global obligations", Hajiyev added.
Azerbaijan and Armenia for over two decades have been locked in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, which emerged over Armenian territorial claims. As a result of the ensuing war, in 1992 Armenian armed forces occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan, including the Nagorno-Karabakh region and seven surrounding districts.
The 1994 ceasefire agreement was followed by peace negotiations. The UN Security Council adopted four resolutions on Armenian withdrawal, but they have not been enforced to this day.
- Iran's foreign ministry: U.S. violating nuclear deal
- Naz Baloch joins PPP, parts ways with PTI
- CHAN 2018/Eliminatoires : le Bénin fait jeu égal avec la Togo
- Mort d'Anne Golon, la créatrice de la saga "Angélique Marquise des Anges"
- Clinton Njie : Cameroonian striker seals permanent Marseille switch
- Diego Costa fait la fête avec un maillot de l'Atlético Madrid — Chelsea
- Analysts Recommended this Stock: Verastem, Inc. (VSTM)
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She Has "Considered" a Senate Run
- Bloomberg Outlines Plan to Quantify US Climate Efforts
- Bookmakers close markets on Joe Hart as deal is agreed