Police locked down the area after they were told someone had entered the school premises with a weapon.
Police said a man who showed up with a firearm at a high school in southwestern Germany on Monday was still on the loose because they initially arrested the wrong man.
Officers later tweeted that the suspect had probably fled on a motor bike.
Students were told to stay in their classrooms and barricade the doors of Friedrich Ebert School as cops combed the area.
Kimpembe, le PSG est ferme — Mercato
Le jeune défenseur ne partira pas durant le mercato estival. Son match contre le Barça n'est pas resté dans l'ombre. Et ce, quel que soit le montant mis sur la table.
Heavily armed police and a helicopter were seen in the area this morning as the manhunt got underway.
No one was hurt in the incident and the suspect did not use his weapon, police said.
They described the suspect as "male, aged 17-19, 170-180cm (67-71 inches) tall, bearded, darker skin, (wearing) a blue t-shirt & light shorts".
They searched the secondary school but found nothing suspicious and asked students to assemble outside the building until they could be picked up by their parents, a police spokesman told DPA news agency.
- OR woman arrested for towing kids in little red wagon
- Lookout for these three Stock?Hertz Global Holdings Inc (NYSE:HTZ)
- Former Balch Springs officer indicted for 15-year-old Jordan Edwards' murder
- DryShips Inc. (DRYS) Reviewed By Analysts
- Enunwa Comments on Talk of Jets "Tanking" '17 Season
- Ohio State pads top recruiting class with No. 39 Jeremy Ruckert
- Neymar is uncomfortable at Barcelona
- Palestinian Merchant Caught Smuggling Rare Coins Into Israel From Gaza
- Walmart responds to racial slur on third-party product on website
- Zacks Investment Research Upgrades Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) to Buy