The Brazilian penalty-saving specialist will join Dani Parejo as the pair look set to leave the club for low asking prices.
The move signals a return to his home country for the 32-year-old Alves after a decade long spell in Europe.
Cynthia Calvillo Scores Unanimous Decision Over Joanne Calderwood
Calderwood soon landed a huge hit to the back of Calvillo's head, with which the Mexican was happy to respond with a high five. Calderwood continued to use her kicks to create distance. "She was a bigger opponent, I needed to do what I needed to win".
But, Valencia released a brief statement on Sunday saying, "Valencia CF (Football Club) has concluded an agreement with CR Flamengo on Sunday for the final transfer of the rights of goalkeeper Diego Alves to the Brazilian club". He remained the club's number one despite the fact Valencia had two other top class keepers on their roaster with Maty Ryan, who moved to Bright and Hove Albion this summer, and Jaume Domenech.
Valencia are also reportedly keen to move on former Spain worldwide centre-forward Alvaro Negredo, 31, who has returned to Mestalla following a season on loan at Premier League club Middlesbrough and whose hefty salary reportedly does not fit within the Los Che board's budget.
Valencia have made some investments this summer, making Simone Zaza and Fabian Orellana's loan deals permanent as well as bringing in Serbian youth Nemanja Maksimovic from Kazakh side Astana.
- Joe Biden coming to Ann Arbor's Michigan Theater on national book tour
- Tesla Stock Drops As Autopilot Feature Blamed For Crash
- Lucknow: Massive fire breaks out at KGMU, CM Yogi orders probe
- South Korea proposes rare military talks with North
- Thomas Lemar set for Monaco bust-up if Arsenal transfer denied
- This Google Doodle Cricket Game Is Today's Best Distraction
- Diebold, Incorporated (NYSE:DBD) Scheduled to Post Quarterly Earnings on Wednesday
- Miranda Kerr s'est inspirée de Grace Kelly pour sa robe de mariée
- ¡Cae nevada en Chile!
- GST Council increases cess on cigarettes