The Wolverhampton-based giant has hired EY after last week issuing a major profit warning after revealing a writedown of £845m related to three problem contracts.
This article was published on 17 Jul 2017 (last updated on 17 Jul 2017).
Carillion calls in accountant EY to cut costs
The firm, which also hired HSBC last week for extra financial advice last week, said today it has "identified a number of actions to reduce average net borrowing including further cost efficiencies, an increased focus on managing working capital and on recoveries and cash collection". Alongside our own efforts, EY will provide support across the business and bring an external perspective to our cost reduction and cash collection challenge.
He added the group aims to "simplify the business" and "demonstrate that value can again be created for shareholders".
Meanwhile, a Carillion joint venture with Effage and Keir has won work on the HS2 rail project which will connect London to the West Midlands. Lot C3 of the contract is for Brackley to Long Itchington Wood Green Tunnel South Portal and its worth GBP616 million. Stage Two is the construction of the main works and this is expected to take between four and five years to complete, the company said.
Tim Burton Begins Production on 'Dumbo,' Debuts Set Photo
The live-action version, which will be shot at Pinewood Studios and Cardington Studios in England, will arrive on March 29, 2019. Niki Caro's Mulan and Jon Favreau's The Lion King are a few other live-action translations to look forward to.
- "Alvaro Morata ? ça va être compliqué" — José Mourinho
- Axed FBI director James Comey writing tell-all memoir
- "Ne balancez pas de la merde" — Alves
- Séoul propose de tenir des négociations avec Pyongyang (Yonhap)
- Love Island 2017: Jonny Mitchell angry after Tyla Carr snogs Mike Thalassitis
- Première défaite sur 200 m pour Lemaitre aux "France" — Athlétisme
- Singapore's exports grew by 8.2 percent after two months of decline
- Vel d'Hiv: les images de l'arrivée de Benjamin Netanyahu et Emmanuel Macron
- OM-Rami: "Je ne m'attendais pas à jouer aussi vite"
- Stop Feeding Us Crumbs, Black Lawyers Association Tells Govt