The family of a teenager who died in a crash in Cumbria have paid tribute to a "kind, caring girl" who "made the world a better place".
The 51-year-old, local, male, driver of the Ford Transit suffered serious injuries.
She was flown by air ambulance to Preston Royal Hospital.
In a heart-wrenching tribute, the family said: "Skye was a popular, kind, caring girl who raised money for various charities".
Skye Olivia Mitchell, 18, and Caitlin Lydia Huddlestone, 18, both from Millom, were pronounced dead at the scene of the incident on Friday night.
The third 18-year-old was a back-seat passenger in the Toyota Yaris when it collided with white Ford Transit van, driven by the man.
Biglia sbarca a Milano e saluta i tifosi rossoneri: "Forza Lazio..."
In attacco si cerca un vice-Immobile: il primo nome è quello di Diego Falcinelli ma il Sassuolo vuole almeno 15 milioni di euro. Il futuro di Lucas Biglia è sempre più a tinte rossonere.
"She made the most of her 18 years, embracing every opportunity that came her way".
She was set to study Broadcast Journalism at Salford University but had already featured in the national press when she launched an anti-bullying campaign with a photograph of herself with the numerous taunts she had received written on her face.
Skye was Millom Carnival Queen in 2012 and followed this by winning the Junior Miss South Lakes title.
"Skye made the world a better place and Skye's world was a wonderful world to be in".
Cumbria Police, which is appealing for witnesses to the collision, said specially trained officers were supporting both families.
The road was closed for six hours for the vehicles to be examined and then removed, Cumbria Police said.
- ISP Release Sketch of Delphi Suspect
- Chrissy Teigen, John Legend dazzle in traditional Balinese garb
- Naked couple charged with kidnap and rape of woman while on honeymoon
- LEAD 1 GB-Carolyn McCall quitte easyJet pour diriger ITV
- Invasion of the identitarians — Doctor Who
- Kelly is holding young women against their will in a 'cult'
- Primark recalls men's flip flops over worries they could contain 'cancer chemical'
- Ethereum bounces back almost 40% from crash
- Blue Apron Plummets After Amazon Files for Meal-Kit Trademark
- CET: 2nd round of seat allotment announced