Newcastle have enquired, but Hart favours a move to West Ham.
Regular first-team football would be a major boost for Hart, whose City contract expires in 2019, as he bids to secure his position as England's No1 for the World Cup in Russian Federation in 12 months' time.
Hart is due in London on Monday for a medical.
Winston Reid is still recovering from a knee problem and will miss a pre-season game for West Ham.
Disney plans Epcot makeover with character attractions and more
Expect things to get very meta, because apparently, a young Peter Quill visited Epcot before he was whisked away from Earth. The big golf ball stays, but Epcot will be getting a "Disneyfied" makeover.
But Hart, who has won 71 global caps since 2008, has continued to England's first choice despite his exile in Italy.
The deal will be on an initial season long loan, which will eventually lead to the 30-year-old joining the Hammers in a permanent £10m deal next summer. "It's not nailed-on mine, it's no one's".
"It's another exciting adventure, another move, the next step in my career, the next challenge for me personally".
West Ham have already signed Argentina defender Pablo Zabaleta from Manchester City.
- Intex Aqua Selfie launched with Android Nougat and 4G VoLTE
- Sixth casino vessel grounded on Aguada sandbar
- Macron appelle la justice à "la clarté" — Affaire Sarah Halimi
- Leak reveals Xiaomi 5X with Snapdragon 625 SoC, 5.5-inch display
- Moto G5S Plus Specs, Release Date
- Tim Burton Begins Production on 'Dumbo,' Debuts Set Photo
- Carillion calls in accountant EY to cut costs
- Stop Feeding Us Crumbs, Black Lawyers Association Tells Govt
- Simon Pagenaud claims Honda Indy Toronto pole and lap record
- UK, Australian leaders visit site of Borough Market attack