The Nagpur Rural Police have arrested Salim Shaha, a BJP worker who was allegedly beaten up by cow vigilantes earlier this week, under the Maharashtra Animal Preservation (Amendment) Act for possession of beef.
The attack comes days after Maharashtra forensic laboratory is believed to have prepared meat detection kits that can give results of the sample in less than 30 minutes. "Now that the test confirmed that he was carrying beef, the party has made a decision to expel him.However, we condemn the action by those who assaulted Shah as things could have taken a different course too", said Potdar. Shaha (34), a resident of Katol town in Nagpur district, was returning home on his motorcycle when a group of five or six men accosted him at a bus stop in the Bharsingi village on July 12. "It wasn't beef but mutton, I told them, but they still beat me". His family has contended that he might not have known that the meat was beef. The incident was widely condemned and a video clip of it circulated on social media. He is likely to be arrested once he is discharged from the hospital, where he is now recuperating from the numerous injuries he received on his face and neck after being attacked by four-five men.
Expressing his surprise over the lab reports confirming beef, BJP's Nagpur (rural) unit president, Rajiv Potdar said that Shah will be removed from the party.
Un risque à plus de 50 milliards de dollars — Cyberattaque
Depuis le printemps, les cyberattaques touchant simultanément plusieurs milliers d'ordinateurs à travers le monde se multiplient. Un montant sans commune mesure avec les 3 milliards de dollars générés aux États-Unis!
"He (Shah) would be dismissed from the party".
The BJP had played down the cow vigilante attack, calling it a stray incident. They were placed under arrest on the day of the attack. He was called to the police station for interrogation today.
- Venezuela opposition mulls strategy after massive anti-Maduro vote
- Landlords warned over fire risk from cladding removal
- Growing wildfire forces evacuations in Mariposa County
- Speeding SUV Launches onto Roof in St. Louis
- Panasonic P55 Max with 5000mAh Battery, Metal Body, Launched at Rs. 8499
- Voici pourquoi Adele ne communique plus aujourd'hui qu'avec la langue des signes
- Canon Refreshes DSLR Lineup But Skips 4K
- Trump's Lawyer Defends Donald Trump Jr.'s Controversial Meeting
- Jefferies Group Comments on Immunomedics, Inc.'s FY2022 Earnings (NASDAQ:IMMU)
- Katrina Kaif is here and there. She is everywhere