The Nagpur Rural Police have arrested Salim Shaha, a BJP worker who was allegedly beaten up by cow vigilantes earlier this week, under the Maharashtra Animal Preservation (Amendment) Act for possession of beef.
The attack comes days after Maharashtra forensic laboratory is believed to have prepared meat detection kits that can give results of the sample in less than 30 minutes. "Now that the test confirmed that he was carrying beef, the party has made a decision to expel him.However, we condemn the action by those who assaulted Shah as things could have taken a different course too", said Potdar. Shaha (34), a resident of Katol town in Nagpur district, was returning home on his motorcycle when a group of five or six men accosted him at a bus stop in the Bharsingi village on July 12. "It wasn't beef but mutton, I told them, but they still beat me". His family has contended that he might not have known that the meat was beef. The incident was widely condemned and a video clip of it circulated on social media. He is likely to be arrested once he is discharged from the hospital, where he is now recuperating from the numerous injuries he received on his face and neck after being attacked by four-five men.
Expressing his surprise over the lab reports confirming beef, BJP's Nagpur (rural) unit president, Rajiv Potdar said that Shah will be removed from the party.
CET: 2nd round of seat allotment announced
Also Read: KEAM Trial Allotment 2017 Result to be out today: Steps to check CEE Kerala KEAM Allotment List at cee.kerala.gov.in . The officials further said, "First round medical and dental allotment schedule is already notified on the KEA website".
"He (Shah) would be dismissed from the party".
The BJP had played down the cow vigilante attack, calling it a stray incident. They were placed under arrest on the day of the attack. He was called to the police station for interrogation today.
- Samsung Pay partners with PayPal
- Un risque à plus de 50 milliards de dollars — Cyberattaque
- Speeding SUV Launches onto Roof in St. Louis
- Former champion Mark O'Meara to tee off first at the Open
- Voici pourquoi Adele ne communique plus aujourd'hui qu'avec la langue des signes
- Growing wildfire forces evacuations in Mariposa County
- Biglia sbarca a Milano e saluta i tifosi rossoneri: "Forza Lazio..."
- Panasonic P55 Max with 5000mAh Battery, Metal Body, Launched at Rs. 8499
- Jefferies Group Comments on Immunomedics, Inc.'s FY2022 Earnings (NASDAQ:IMMU)
- Canon Refreshes DSLR Lineup But Skips 4K