The "Broadchurch" star will replace Peter Capaldi when the series returns for its annual Christmas special. And the past two Doctor's companions have been played by women as well (Pearl Mackie and Jenna Coleman).
Emirates, flydubai unveil extensive partnership plan
It adds that the two sides are discussing various additional network and customer initiatives including frequent-flyer alignment. The innovative partnership goes beyond code-sharing and includes integrated network collaboration with coordinated scheduling.
In a separate statement, Chibnall explained why he chose Whittaker.
The revelation came as no surprise to some fans as there were multiple hints that the Doctor would regenerate into a woman in the last episode of series ten. "The 13th Doctor is on her way".
'After months of lists, conversations, auditions, recalls, and a lot of secret-keeping, we're excited to welcome Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor, ' he explained. Jodie is an in-demand, funny, inspiring, super-smart force of nature and will bring loads of wit, strength and warmth to the role. The one thing everyone is curious about is whether she can pull off the comedic flair that is essential to the Doctor's character.
Doctor WhoSeason 10 introduced Pearl Mackie as the new companion, Bill Potts, replacing the previous companion, Jenna Coleman's Clara Oswald, who left after Season 9. In a dramatic reveal, a key appears in her hand as she removes her hood revealing shoulder length blonde hair (still not ginger) and readies herself to enter the Tardis.
- Wimbledon: Roger Federer décroche un 8e titre record
- Doctor Who head writer 'always wanted next Time Lord to be female'
- 2 killed in plane crash in Cummings, Kansas identified by authorities
- Borussia Dortmund : Japan's Kagawa extends deal with club to 2020
- Defense chief submits martial law recommendation to Duterte
- Afghan forces take district from Taliban; 3 officers killed
- Les forces antiterroristes kurdes assurent qu'al-Baghdadi est vivant
- South Korea proposes inter-Korean military talks to thaw cross-border tension
- Tour de France: Chris Froome survives scare to retain yellow jersey
- American Airplane Makes Emergency Landing as one Passenger 'Passes Gas' in plane