The logistics boat belonging to the Rapid Intervention Brigade, which has fought the Nigeria-based armed group Boko Haram in recent years, was carrying 37 people when it capsized early on Sunday morning, the Cameroonian presidency said in a statement.
Acting General Officer commanding the 8 Task Force Division, Stevenson Olabanji, made this known during a visit to troops of the 118 Task Force Battalion, in Borno state.
The statement said the GOC issued motivational orders to the troops, asking them to always ensure their weapons are serviceable.
According to Antigha, part of what Olabanji had said included, "The tempo of ongoing clearance operations will be increased, so be prepared".
Bootle vehicle crash: Skye Olivia Mitchell's family pays tribute
Cumbria Police, which is appealing for witnesses to the collision, said specially trained officers were supporting both families. In a heart-wrenching tribute, the family said: "Skye was a popular, kind, caring girl who raised money for various charities".
He added that the final phase of the operation to dislodge the remnants of Boko Haram terrorists who are still operating in remote islands within the Lake Chad Basin is in the offing.
The Commanding Officer, 118 Task Force Battalion, O.P. Oyekoke, assured the GOC of the readiness of his officers and soldiers to discharge their duties in accordance with extant Nigerian Army regulations.
Brigadier General Olabanji was accompanied on the visit by the Commander 7 Brigade, Brigadier General Olayinka Soyele and Principal Staff Officers of the Division. However, the insurgents still carry out serial suicide attacks on soft targets in the region.
- Blue Apron Plummets After Amazon Files for Meal-Kit Trademark
- Mercato - OL : direction le Lokomotiv Moscou pour Maciej Rybus
- Doctor Who: 5 Things to Watch to Get to Know Jodie Whittaker
- United Kingdom anti-Semitic crime surges, prosecutions plummet
- LEAD 1 GB-Carolyn McCall quitte easyJet pour diriger ITV
- Uber driver succumbs to fire injuries after being attacked
- Nizza: Frankreich trauert und ehrt seine Helden
- Pas de tournée pour Sakho, pas de soldes non plus — Mercato
- Groupe Renault first half vehicle sales rocket to 1.88m
- ISP Release Sketch of Delphi Suspect