The logistics boat belonging to the Rapid Intervention Brigade, which has fought the Nigeria-based armed group Boko Haram in recent years, was carrying 37 people when it capsized early on Sunday morning, the Cameroonian presidency said in a statement.
Acting General Officer commanding the 8 Task Force Division, Stevenson Olabanji, made this known during a visit to troops of the 118 Task Force Battalion, in Borno state.
The statement said the GOC issued motivational orders to the troops, asking them to always ensure their weapons are serviceable.
According to Antigha, part of what Olabanji had said included, "The tempo of ongoing clearance operations will be increased, so be prepared".
LEAD 1 GB-Carolyn McCall quitte easyJet pour diriger ITV
"Carolyn McCall a fait part au conseil d'administration de son intention de quitter easyJet pour devenir directrice générale d'ITV".
He added that the final phase of the operation to dislodge the remnants of Boko Haram terrorists who are still operating in remote islands within the Lake Chad Basin is in the offing.
The Commanding Officer, 118 Task Force Battalion, O.P. Oyekoke, assured the GOC of the readiness of his officers and soldiers to discharge their duties in accordance with extant Nigerian Army regulations.
Brigadier General Olabanji was accompanied on the visit by the Commander 7 Brigade, Brigadier General Olayinka Soyele and Principal Staff Officers of the Division. However, the insurgents still carry out serial suicide attacks on soft targets in the region.
- Salman Khan shoots a cameo in Sonakshi Sinha starrer Crazy Hai Hum
- Primark recalls men's flip flops over worries they could contain 'cancer chemical'
- Both versions of Runescape are coming to Android
- Naked couple charged with kidnap and rape of woman while on honeymoon
- Ethereum bounces back almost 40% from crash
- Audrey Pulvar tire sa révérence et quitte le journalisme — CNews
- Bank of New York Mellon Hires Former Visa Head as CEO
- Mercato - OL : direction le Lokomotiv Moscou pour Maciej Rybus
- Nizza: Frankreich trauert und ehrt seine Helden
- Uber driver succumbs to fire injuries after being attacked