Bad whether on Sunday morning led Air India Express flight 814 to skid off the runway while landing at Mangaluru airport.
The pilots of the flight - IX814 - were able to bring the Boeing 737 back to the runway's centre line after it skidded.
It is suspected that an aircraft might have been hit it while taxing (arriving) to the apron (parking stand) after landing on the runway.
Reports suggest the incident occurred due to "unfavourable winds".
"The initial enquiry report has not confirmed that the guiding lights were damaged by IX 814 (Dubai-Mangaluru flight)", said an AI spokesperson.
Business Russian: Trump appoints a special counsel in the White House
Sixty percent said they believe Russian Federation tried to influence the 2016 presidential election , up four points from April. Just 36% approve of Trump's performance as President, according to an ABC News/Washington Post poll released on July 16 .
The flight was reportedly carrying 185 people - including two infants - when the incident took place.
The aircraft was inspected and no "noticeable damage" was found, the official said.
The 185 passengers on board the aircraft are safe, according to Air India officials.
Five years ago at the same airport an Air India Express Flight 812, overshot the runway on landing after which it fell over a cliff and caught fire.
- Une nouvelle compagnie low-cost d'Air France devrait être lancée en automne
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY) Given Coverage Optimism Rating of 0.00
- Sunderland keen on Aston Villa defender Tommy Elphick
- Global Shielding Cases Market Outlook 2017
- Les forces antiterroristes kurdes assurent qu'al-Baghdadi est vivant
- Defense chief submits martial law recommendation to Duterte
- Warm welcome at Longitude as festival acts to cut queues
- Doctor Who head writer 'always wanted next Time Lord to be female'
- Tepid Eurozone inflation raises questions for European Central Bank tightening
- Seoul offers military talks with Pyongyang