The national average for one gallon of regular unleaded is $2.25-that's a penny less than a week ago, but three 3 cents more than this time previous year, a news release said.
The national average has decreased 5 cents per gallon during the last month and stands 3.3 cents per gallon higher than this day a year ago.
The Florida and Jacksonville average prices per gallon of gas still remain lower than the national average of $2.25, AAA officials said.
"As expected, gasoline prices over the last week were mixed". The lowest prices were seen in Tampa where the average cost of a gallon of gas was running at $2.01. "Oil prices, after sagging to close the month of June, had started July by surging, only to let up shortly after". That's about 2 cents less than at the same point previous year.
Police arrest suspect in fatal shooting of Tampa store clerk
A 24-year-old Florida man is accused of fatally shooting a convenience store clerk during an apparent robbery. Sheffield was identified as a suspect through witnesses and store video, according to Tampa Police Department.
AAA Michigan surveys daily fuel prices at 2,800 gas stations across the state.
"It remains a bit of a mystery what, if anything, they may decide, but all eyes will be focused on any policy changes or production changes", DeHaan said.
$2.86/g in 2016, $4.18/g in 2015, $4.07/g in 2014, $4.05/g in 2013 and $3.69/g in 2012.
By contrast, Decatur has the cheapest gas, at a price of $2.12 per gallon.
- Scarborough: Hannity's Show Is 'State-Run Television'
- (CHK) Shares Trading up at $4.87 Chesapeake Energy Corporation Provides…
- Tennis - L'incroyable exploit de Federer à Wimbledon
- Hossam El Badry suspendu par la CAF — Al Ahly
- ACC releases preseason voting results
- Les collectivités devront économiser 13 milliards d'euros, annonce Darmanin
- Matt Szczur held hitless in Padres' win over Giants
- Woman plans sting operation to recover stolen bicycle from thief
- Tata Nexon's India launch confirmed for festive season; specs revealed
- MSG Networks (NYSE:MSGN) Broker Views On Wall Street