Maharahstra government has given nod for salary hike proposal of corporations in the state. The government has for the first time made a decision to determine honorarium for the corporators based on the category of the civic bodies.
Mumbai: The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has served a notice to Praja Foundation, which had on Wednesday, in a press conference revealed the poor conditions of BMC hospitals and the health department.
The decision was taken considering inflation and demands made at a conference held in Mumbai previous year. The monthly honorarium of corporators in the BMC has been increased to Rs 25,000 from the current Rs 10,000. A notification was issued by the urban development department on Saturday, in which the hike in honorarium has been given on the basis of classification of the corporations.
Corpse of Texas woman found in trunk of vehicle in Ohio
Harris was booked on charges of resisting arrest, obstructing official business and gross abuse of a corpse, jail records show. When officers told Harris that he was wanted by Cedar Hill police, he reportedly fought the officers and tried to run away.
The BMC falls under category of A+. Corporations in the state are classified as A+, A, B, C and D on the basis on population, its revenue generation and other basic infrastructure. There are 232 corporators in BMC and their salary was finalised in 2010 and there has been a regular demand to hike the salary.
Whereas corporators of Pune and Nagpur corporation which falls in A category will be getting Rs 20,000 which was earlier Rs 7,500. "As the information given to the press was wrong, the non-governmental organisation has been asked to give an unconditional apology and public clarification or action deemed fit would be initiated against them", the letter further states.
Other than this, a Mumbai corporator gets Rs150 for attending each sitting of the civic house (not more than Rs600 per month) and for corporators from other civic bodies, it is Rs 100 (not more than Rs 400 per month).
- Connecticut Hospital Employees Exposed to Radioactive Lab Substance
- Nice : "l'Etat n'abandonnera jamais" les victimes, assure Emmanuel Macron
- Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. (HAWK) Stake Cut by Atria Investments LLC
- Former PSU Officials Report to Prison
- The Danaher Corporation (DHR) Shares Sold by NN Investment Partners Holdings NV
- Trump's trip to Paris is filled with pomp and circumstance
- 9-vehicle crash kills 1, injures 10 in Marion County, officials say
- Get well the Game of Thrones way at Haven Spa
- Meira Kumar, Gopalkrishna Gandhi to hold interactive session with non-NDA MPs
- A man was knocked down and then attacked in Dublin