The two sports are apples and oranges of course but many within the MMA world seem to give Conor McGregor a chance in his upcoming boxing match with Floyd Mayweather on August 26th. The stars fired numerous insults and threats at each event, and as a result, Mayweather and McGregor dominated headlines all week (although, some of the headlines were due to controversial statements the fighters made: McGregor made controversial comments about race, and Mayweather used an anti-gay slur at Friday's event in London).
"When McGregor goes up there to speak and talk, I sit back and let him speak his peace and let him say what he has to say and what I do, I just sit quiet", Mayweather told reporters in London. "I think Conor, he can probably get it done sooner if he goes out there being ferocious, but I'm going with Conor".
With Mayweather vs McGregor in the news literally everywhere at the moment, the boxing and mixed martial arts communities have never been brought together in such a way before.
United Kingdom admits it will have to pay Brexit divorce bill
As the process gets underway it is expected that MPs will seek to change aspects of the bill and table amendments. Parliament is due to go on its summer recess next week with votes on the Great Repeal Bill not due until autumn.
Now, MMA fans and observers know that McGregor typically does respond / interrupt his opponents, when they're slinging verbal shots at him.
Some have argued that this in fact could play into Conor McGregor's favor against Floyd Mayweather next month, in that Floyd will have not seen this type of movement or style before.
- Une lionne adopte un léopardeau en Tanzanie
- Astros pound out 10-5 win over Twins
- Un sosie de Gad Elmaleh recherché par Jamel
- Le concert d'Héritier Watanabe annulé — Paris
- " "Saint-Girons, commune " Témoin de sécurité " — Tour de France
- Piper Jaffray Companies Reaffirms "Underweight" Rating for 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD)
- Floyd handed four-game ban by NFL
- Failed to get the film approved, director uploads the trailer on FB
- Vandoorne 10e des premiers essais libres à Silverstone
- ABB Ltd. (ABBN) Receives Average Rating of "Hold" from Analysts