The Qatari government has denied the accusations, blasting the blockade as "unjustified" and a violation of global law.
"France calls for the lifting, as soon as possible, of the measures that affect the populations in particular, bi-national families that have been separated or students", Reuters reported French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani also told reporters in Ankara on Friday that Qatar would continue to work with the United States and Kuwait to end the standoff with its four Arab neighbors.
He is scheduled to visit Saudi Arabia later on Saturday and will visit Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates on Sunday.
Kuwait is trying to mediate the dispute.
Invictus RG Buys New Stake in Fulton Financial Corporation (NASDAQ:FULT)
BidaskClub upgraded Fulton Financial Corporation from a "sell" rating to a "hold" rating in a report on Saturday, June 10th. Ratings analysis reveals 33% of Fulton Fincl's analysts are positive. (NASDAQ:FULT), 0 have Buy rating, 1 Sell and 8 Hold.
"France is very concerned by the sudden deterioration in relations between Qatar and many of its neighbours", said Le Drian, who also met with the emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani.
His Qatari host said the fight against terrorism needed collective efforts and "cannot be shouldered by one state".
Aside from France, officials from Britain and Germany also visited the region in recent weeks.
Cavusoglu emphasised that Turkey supports Kuwaiti mediation efforts to resolve the crisis.
Riyadh and its allies imposed sanctions on Doha on June 5, including closing its only land border, denying Qatar access to their airspace and ordering their citizens back from the emirate.
- Verifone Inc (NYSE:PAY) Institutional Investor Sentiment Is 0.86
- Alabama picked to win SEC title in football
- L'agent de Nkunku fait une annonce — PSG
- Body of one of four missing Pennsylvania men found, suspect in custody
- Roger Federer dreaming of making Wimbledon history on Sunday
- Jose Mourinho Wants To More Manchester United Signings
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Vogue, Why Don't You Put Actual Gender Fluid People on Your Cover?
- Tesla Inc. (TSLA) Shares Bought by Vanguard Group Inc
- Acacia Communications, Inc. (ACIA) Releases Q3 Earnings Guidance