Earlier on Friday a huge sunspot (AR2665 if you are scoring at home) erupted on the surface of our sun.
A coronal mass ejection is an unusually large release of plasma and magnetic field from the solar corona.
An unusually large release of plasma from the sun is expected to cause a geomagnetic storm when it begins to arrive on Sunday night, giving much of New Hampshire a chance of seeing the aurora borealis.
Storms are exciting and we have the possibility of being affected by a big one Sunday night.
Los Angeles : une tentative de selfie coûte cher à une jeune femme
Selon le musée, trois sculptures auraient été endommagées de façon permanente, engendrant des pertes de 200 000$. Au final, au moins dix présentoirs se sont effondrés.
Northern lights will be able to be seen from the North East, including the Butler region! The particles interact with molecules of atmospheric gases to cause the famed glowing red and green colors of the aurora. Remember, we are hoping for Kp levels of 6 or higher, a 7 or 8 would be awesome and nearly enure sightings of the northern lights in southern New England. The southern lights are known as aurora australis.
Peak viewing time will be from around midnight to 3 a.m., but aurora can potentially be seen through most of the overnight hours.
We are now under a "Geomagnetic Storm Watch" for July 16-17! Aurora tend to come in pulses, and don't last long.
If the auroral forecast predicts a visible aurora, get away from light pollution in urban areas and away from any bright lights. If that is the case, you'll want to quickly get somewhere where it's dark and look up.
- Kennametal (KMT) Earns Daily Media Impact Rating of
- Qu'ont mangé les couples Trump et Macron à la tour Eiffel?
- Steve Coppell named coach of Tata Steel team
- State Street Corp Acquires 1586531 Shares of WPX Energy, Inc. (NYSE:WPX)
- Camilla at 70: the Duchess who deserves to become Queen
- Sydney FC vs Arsenal Club Friendly
- Human Remains Discovered On Farm Where Suspect Left Missing Man's vehicle
- The Finals at Wimbledon are set
- Analyst's Predictions on Mondelez International, Inc. (MDLZ), PulteGroup, Inc. (PHM)
- The AMC Networks Inc. (AMCX) Stake Increased by JPMorgan Chase & Co