Manchester City have completed the signing of Brazilian under-20 worldwide Douglas Luiz, who has signed a five-year contract with the club after joining from Vasco Da Gama.
The midfielder, 19, has penned a five-year deal with the Premier League club, but will be loaned out to their new Spanish sister club, Girona, who have just been promoted to La Liga.
Director of Football at City, Txiki Begiristain, said: "We are pleased to welcome Douglas. Everyone here is looking forward to helping him develop his talent and progress in the game".
Des milliers de limogeages en Turquie, un an après le putsch manqué
Ce décret survient à la veille des commémorations du premier anniversaire de la tentative de coup d'Etat, le 15 juillet 2016.
City will announce his next move in the coming days, with Girona thought to be the most likely loan destination for the teenager.
Earlier on Saturday, Douglas posted an Instagram message thanking Vasco for developing him during his formative years.
Luiz becomes the fourth Man City signing of the summer following the arrivals of Kyle Walker, Bernardo Silva and Ederson. Douglas is a Brazil U-20 worldwide and has played 25 games for Vasco since breaking into the first team in 2016.
- Steve Coppell named coach of Tata Steel team
- Contango Oil & Gas Company (MCF) Coverage Initiated at Roth Capital
- Northern Lights may be visible Sunday night in Puget Sound area
- Dicks Sporting Goods Sees Unusually High Options Volume (DKS)
- Grand Prix de Grande-Bretagne : Ricciardo lui aussi pénalisé
- The Walking Dead production shuts down after stuntman dies on set
- Il transforme sa voiture en véhicule de gendarme — Gard
- Los Angeles : une tentative de selfie coûte cher à une jeune femme
- Wenger n'a jamais rompu le contact avec Sanchez — Arsenal
- Human Remains Discovered On Farm Where Suspect Left Missing Man's vehicle