In an incredible decision by Spanish referee Alejandro Hernandez, Griffiths was booked for time wasting as he complained about the missiles being thrown his way - a yellow card that Rodgers told the Daily Mail was "strange". "It's not ideal in any situation". You don't want that to happen in any ground.
Objects had been thrown at Griffiths earlier in the game while taking a corner and substitute Jonny Hayes was also targeted. I thought it was unusual to see him getting booked for it.
After the final whistle, some Linfield fans attempted to invade the pitch when Griffiths tied a scarf to the goal posts.
"The club will be reviewing our own footage and investigating an incident that took place during the match where a number of objects were thrown on to the pitch".
"The club takes the safety of fans, players and officials extremely seriously and there will be serious and lasting consequences for anyone involved". I could only see it from the dug-out.
Los Angeles : une tentative de selfie coûte cher à une jeune femme
Selon le musée, trois sculptures auraient été endommagées de façon permanente, engendrant des pertes de 200 000$. Au final, au moins dix présentoirs se sont effondrés.
The Belfast club are predominantly from a protestant background, and photographs on social media appear to show the Celtic man offering a "5-1" gesture to the crowd, moments before the bottles and coins rained down on him.
"Players go on to the field and it should be a safe environment for them". You want the passion from the stands to stay in there. "But if you take that away from it, it was a good evening".
Celtic were comfortable victors as they looked to set up a third qualifying round meeting with either Norwegian champions Rosenborg or Irish title winners Dundalk.
The former Rangers striker said: "Linfield as a club have made giant strides over the years to try to cut that shouting and abuse out but you get that in Old Firm games, you get that in Manchester derbies, you are always going to get a ferocious red-hot atmosphere".
Linfield's Matthew Clarke was carried off on a stretcher shortly after half-time but the Northern Ireland Premiership side battled hard to find a way back into the tie, although they failed to threaten Craig Gordon's goal.
- Steve Coppell named coach of Tata Steel team
- Tchétchénie : les gays "sont des démons", lance le président
- Kevin Trapp paie son narcissisme par une chute
- S&P Global Reiterates "CHF 90" Price Target for Nestle SA (VTX:NESN)
- Dos turistas ucranianos mueren acuchillados en Egipto
- Il transforme sa voiture en véhicule de gendarme — Gard
- Alaska Air Group Inc (NYSE:ALK) Move as Institutional Investors' Sentiment Worsens
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Human Remains Discovered On Farm Where Suspect Left Missing Man's vehicle
- Stock Check For iShares S&P TSX Canadian Dividend Aristocrats Index ETF