"This bill is so much more than legalizing marijuana-it's about legalizing opportunity and prosperity", said Sargent.
"In the light of the continued budget impasse and our budget crisis here in Wisconsin, I'm introducing a bill that will fully legalize marijuana today", said Sargent.
"It will include increasing oversight and protections for our consumers", she said Thursday at a Capitol news conference introducing the bill. The bill also requires insurance coverage for medicinal use of marijuana for terminal illness and incorporates marijuana into current alcohol and tobacco educational curricula in schools.
Cramer says states like Colorado that have legalized the drug have seen increases in robberies, drug related school suspensions, and marijuana DUI's that can be hard to detect since there isn't an in-field sobriety test. "We absolutely need to be talking to our kids about how it is that they can be taking care of themselves". Wisconsin has a billion-dollar budget deficit, Republicans have no real ideas for fixing our transportation fund, and Scott Walker still hasn't created the 250,000 jobs he promised six years ago. A spokesman for Fitzgerald said he would review Sargent's bill.
Assembly Speaker Robin Vos' office said he does not support the bill.
"Apes" overthrowing "Spider-Man" at Box Office
War for the Planet of the Apes cost approximately $150 million to make and will most likely make that money back. That would put the two-week total at around $210 million domestically.
Wisconsin may soon become the latest state to legalize marijuana. More than that would require a permit.
"I've spoken with my Republican colleagues across the aisle, and some of them have expressed their quiet support for my bill".
Twenty-nine states allow the use of marijuana for medical purposes, and eight have legalized recreational use.
A Marquette University Law School poll conducted in 2016 showed 59 percent of Wisconsinites want marijuana to be legal and regulated like alcohol.
- Le Marocain de retour en Ligue 2 française — Afrique Zakarya Bergdich
- Yum! Brands, Inc. (YUM) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Bank of America Corporation
- Maryam Mirzakhani, première femme lauréate de la médaille Fields, est décédée
- Francia festeja el Día de la Bastilla con éxitos de Daft Punk
- CRPF jawan injured in Kulgam grenade attack
- Serena Williams Talks About Her Life Since Being Pregnant
- EPS for Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corp (WAB) Expected At $0.94
- Oasis Petroleum Inc. (OAS) Receives Average Recommendation of "Buy" from Brokerages
- Trump administration eyes expanding DHS deportation powers
- United Kingdom admits it will have to pay Brexit divorce bill