Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar who arrived in Pune to promote his controversial film Indu Sarkar was hounded by Congress workers throughout the day and forced to cancel his scheduled press conference and a visit to an educational institute.
CBFC later suggested 12 cuts and two disclaimers in the film. Mr Bhandarkar, 48, said the crew had been stranded inside a hotel room like hostages for three hours with the Congress workers protesting in the hotel lobby. "My whole team is in the room", Bhandarkar told IANS over phone. He wrote that team of the movie was left stranded like hostages in the hotel room.
Congress city unit president Ramesh Bagwe and activist Ramesh Iyer were present with a large number of party workers, sitting cross-legged in the lobby and shouting slogans of "Indira Gandhi Amar Rahe" and "We strongly condemn Bhandarkar".
Alabama picked to win SEC title in football
Alabama was an overwhelming choice to win the SEC title in 2017, with Georgia narrowly edging Florida to capture the East. The media has, however, been correct two of the last three years as Alabama has won the last three championships.
Meanwhile it is not just political party, Madhur has also been facing problems for getting a certificate for his film as the Board has asked him to remove some references to political leaders, parties, add disclaimers and so on. "This is the time".
While the film has faced 16 cuts from the Censor Board, the director has attracted the wrath of the Congress workers over some portions of the film that they find objectionable. The film is set in emergency era and it was reported that the Congress Party has objected to it as they feel the director may have not portrayed late Indira and Sanjay Gandhi in a right way. "Some of the Congressmen came to the hotel to register their protests against Bhandarkar's new film Indu Sarkar".
The film stars Neil Nitin Mukesh, Anupam Kher and Bengali actor Tota Roy Chowdhury.
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Trump: "Vous êtes tellement en forme!"
- Vogue, Why Don't You Put Actual Gender Fluid People on Your Cover?
- Gboard beta update includes new incognito mode
- Close-up of The Great Red Spot
- 2 security guards shot at Miracle Mile Shops parking garage on Strip
- Mel B Has To Pay Ex-Hubby $40000 a Month
- Roma, trovato l'accordo con il giocatore
- Tour de France 2017: Michael Matthews s'impose en costaud à Rodez
- En tailleur rouge Dior pour rendre hommage à la France — Melania Trump