The situation has moved quickly, as Sky Sport Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio has now reported that Lucas has reached an agreement with Lazio and so in turn will now secure a move to the Italian capital in the coming days.
He will now discuss personal terms with Lazio ahead of any potential move.
In contrast to this, Times' journalist Paul Joyce reports that Lazio have already submitted a bid for Lucas and that the midfielder may not be part of the Liverpool squad to play Wigan Athletic this evening.
Lucas had been deployed as a center-back in recent seasons, after starting his career as a box to box midfielder.
Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) Given "Overweight" Rating at Cantor Fitzgerald
The firm owned 925 shares of the Internet television network's stock after buying an additional 657 shares during the period. Following the sale, the insider now directly owns 19,999 shares in the company, valued at approximately $3,000,249.98.
Lucas is Liverpool's longest-serving player, having joined the club for £5m in July 2007 from Gremio.
During his time with the Reds, he has only managed to pick up one piece of silverware, when Liverpool won the 2011/12 League Cup.
But with the midfield-trio of Jordan Henderson, Georginio Wijnaldum and Adam Lallana now regular starters for Klopp, Lucas often found himself deployed as a center-back last season.
The 30-year-old - a cult hero at Liverpool who enjoys a close relationship with manager Jurgen Klopp - came close to leaving the club in the last transfer window.
- Brokerages Set CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. (NYSE:CBL) Target Price at $12.08
- A Chartists Perspective on Arcis Resources Corp (ARCS)
- Monaco : Mendy, 2 offres de Man City refusées !
- Virat Kohli Enjoys Break With Anushka Sharma
- British Columbia Investment Management Corp Purchases 28943 Shares of Costco Wholesale Corporation
- La lettre de Khalifa Sall au peuple sénégalais — Campagne électorale
- Quand Donald Trump vante la "bonne forme physique" de Brigitte Macron
- US, Mexico in talks on energy cooperation
- Mbappé, Lemar, Coutinho… Létang balance les ratés de Paris — PSG
- Caterpillar, Inc. (NYSE:CAT) Shares Sold by Congress Asset Management Co. MA