Even though Steven Spielberg's big screen adaptation of Ernest Cline's Ready Player One isn't set to open until March of next year, we have our first official look at the movie. We cut up the image into a few pieces so you can get close looks at the easter eggs. In the near future, Watts escapes from his daily drudgery by logging onto an MMO game called "The Oasis". Along with gamers from around the world, Wade joins the adventure, and quickly finds himself pitted against powerful corporate foes and other ruthless competitors who will do anything, in the oasis or the real world, to reach the treasure first. With the games creator having passed away, he's left behind a final game allowing players to solve a series of pop-culture quests a wins the OASIS, as well as its parent company, Gregarious Games. So it's only fitting that the first photo released from the Steven Spielberg-helmed film in an Entertainment Weekly Comic-Con preview has just as many gems to uncover. "I've cut most of my movies out", he said. "And somehow it's happened".
However, Spielberg won't include references to his own work in the movie (aside from the time-traveling Delorean from Back to the Future, which he executive produced). You can spot a Garbage Pail Kids sticker and "Star Trek" and "Masters of the Universe" lunchboxes.
Former PM John Howard says Australia can trust Donald Trump
He was also PM during the 2000 USA election, which saw the mismatch of the Electoral College and the popular vote. Mr Howard insists the party is made up of both classical liberal and classic conservative traditions.
Ready Player One also stars Olivia Cook, Mark Rylance, Simon Pegg, Ben Mendelsohn, Lena Waithe and TJ Miller.
- PVG Asset Management Corp Purchases Shares of 90200 Nucor Corporation (NUE)
- Texas pipeline spills 1200 barrels of crude
- SW19 Briefing: Magdalena Rybarikova's on dream mission
- Rooney keen to revive England career after Everton switch
- Marijuana shortage: Nevada considers emergency measures
- Las Vegas wants Raiders to help pay for road improvements
- Dodgers Interested in Creating Super 'pen, Adding Zach Britton
- EI Du Pont De Nemours And Company (NYSE:DD) Reviewed By Analysts
- Woman calls off her wedding but throws reception for homeless families
- Game-changing leukemia treatment could help kids