The St. Louis Cardinals will be close to full strength when they return to action this weekend against the Pittsburgh Pirates with Kolten Wong and Kevin Siegrist returning from the disabled list.
Wong is back from the DL for the second time this season.
The club sent infielder Alex Mejia and right-hander Luke Weaver to Triple-A Memphis on Sunday to make room for the veterans on the 25-man roster. He was 6-for-15 in a four-game rehab stint in Springfield.
Wong, 26, was in the midst of a six-game hitting streak that raised his season average to.301 when he hurt his triceps.
Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield to be replaced on This Morning
The pair bid farewell to the show - for now at least - on Friday morning, as they announced they would be returning in September. A user commented: "Thought it was Phil & Holly's day off on a Friday?" The next time we see Holly and Phil will be in SEPTEMBER.
Wong also missed 13 games from May 27 to June 8 with a left elbow injury.
Siegrist was sidelined for 17 games due to a cervical spine sprain. This season, the left-hander is 1-1 with a 4.94 ERA (27.1 IP, 15 ER), one save and 25 strikeouts in 31 games. He made a pair of rehab appearances in Springfield, allowing two runs and four hits in two innings. The right-handed utility infielder batted.214 (3 for 14) with one home run and two RBI in 10 games (three starts), while sporting a flawless fielding percentage at second base, third base and shortstop.
Weaver, who was recalled July 3, pitched three scoreless innings over two appearances with the Cardinals.
- Two militants killed in Pakistan
- Destiny 2 Beta: Current Bugs and Issues
- Charlie Gard: US doctor to assess critically ill tot
- President Trump and First Lady to join Bastille Day celebrations
- White Maryland student indicted in black Army officer's murder
- Insiders are Gradually Selling Lithia Motors, Inc. (NYSE:LAD)
- England's Hart heads for Hammers
- The Pennsylvania Trust Co Takes Position in Acuity Brands Inc (AYI)
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Warner: Committee requests more records from Kushner, Trump Jr