The van was later recovered, but its contents-incoming and outgoing government mail-was missing.
In a statement, the provincial department said the theft initially targeted the van of a private courier which was en route to deliver mail in Red Deer on June 23.
While the van was recovered last weekend, its contents - which might include the personal information of almost 100 people - was not.
Government departments are contacting Albertans who were to receive mail from the government and may have had their information fall into the wrong hands.
"Interdit de se plaindre!", mot d'ordre accroché sur la porte du pape
Le message est clair. "Vietato lamentarsi", "il est interdit de se plaindre!". À partir d'aujourd'hui, celui qui passera la porte résidentielle du pape François n'aura qu'un seul mot d'ordre: laisser ses jérémiades au placard.
"It's really hard for us to tell, that's why it's important for us to hear from people".
The department said the mail may have contained personal information and it contacted the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner immediately after the theft occurred.
The investigation began when police were called to the Red Deer Regional Hospital at 7:40 p.m. on Tuesday after a local man was dropped off at the emergency room doors. She's asking anyone who sent mail via Canada Post in the days before June 23, and whose letters or packages might have been pilfered, to contact the recipient in government to see if it arrived.
The government has also notified its couriers to review security procedures with their drivers.
- Barclays in talks to move European Union hub to Dublin
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Earns Daily Media Sentiment Rating of 0.59
- Erstmals Amtsenthebungsverfahren gegen Trump beantragt
- Wimbledon umpire inspects junior player's underwear on court in boys singles match
- Summit Materials Class A (NYSE:SUM)'s Trend Unknown, Especially After Increased Shorts
- L'ex-président américain Jimmy Carter est sorti de l'hôpital
- Coach, Inc. (NYSE:COH) Upgraded to Hold at BidaskClub
- Tim Farron chose to quit as Lib Dem leader during election
- RNC Capital Management LLC Increases Stake in Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE:KMB)
- US's Trump Continues To Defend Son's Meeting With Russian Lawyer