The van was later recovered, but its contents-incoming and outgoing government mail-was missing.
In a statement, the provincial department said the theft initially targeted the van of a private courier which was en route to deliver mail in Red Deer on June 23.
While the van was recovered last weekend, its contents - which might include the personal information of almost 100 people - was not.
Government departments are contacting Albertans who were to receive mail from the government and may have had their information fall into the wrong hands.
BCE Inc. (USA) (BCE) EPS Estimated At $0.66
Canaccord Genuity set a $60.00 price objective on BCE and gave the stock a "hold" rating in a report on Tuesday, May 16th. Four investment analysts have rated the stock with a hold rating and six have issued a buy rating to the company.
"It's really hard for us to tell, that's why it's important for us to hear from people".
The department said the mail may have contained personal information and it contacted the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner immediately after the theft occurred.
The investigation began when police were called to the Red Deer Regional Hospital at 7:40 p.m. on Tuesday after a local man was dropped off at the emergency room doors. She's asking anyone who sent mail via Canada Post in the days before June 23, and whose letters or packages might have been pilfered, to contact the recipient in government to see if it arrived.
The government has also notified its couriers to review security procedures with their drivers.
- Vic Mensa seems to finally spread his "Wings" before debut album
- Erstmals Amtsenthebungsverfahren gegen Trump beantragt
- CBI Probe Sought Into Local Girl's Rape-Murder In Shimla District
- Emmanuel Macron et Donald Trump dîneront ensemble le 13 juillet
- Attentat de Nice: la justice bloque l'enquête de "Paris Match"
- PM will not sack adviser who compared hard Brexit to Nazi appeasement
- L'ex-président américain Jimmy Carter est sorti de l'hôpital
- New Rare Pokemon Available in Pokemon Sun & Moon
- Berry Plastics Group, Inc. (NYSE:BERY) Reviewed By Analysts
- Tim Farron chose to quit as Lib Dem leader during election