Swansea manager Paul Clement was reticent regarding Sigurdsson's potential departure from the club. Swansea have said that the Icelander will be on the plane, and it will be interesting to see whether that turns out to be the case.
Everton, however, are not going to be deterred even if they believe £50m is excessive.
It may all come down to these next 48 hours to whether the Swans sell Sigurdsson, but Everton, who brought the Swans captain Ashley Williams to Goodison Park last season for a fee of £12 million on a three-year contract are still in strong pursuit of the former Hoffenheim player.
Which Analysts Are Watching Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)?
Mason Street Advisors LLC's holdings in Cubic Corporation were worth $308,000 at the end of the most recent quarter. The business had revenue of $343.71 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $365.04 million.
'I am planning for him to be here, but there is clearly some very strong interest in him. He also played a crucial role in helping the club avoid relegation from the Premier League last season. He was happy to stay on here.
"He is training hard and straightaway he is at the top of all the statistics physically", Clement told Swansea's website. The Swansea manager stated that Sigurdsson is "a Swansea player and [the club] have to carry on looking at it that way".
Ronald Koeman has already been mighty busy in the transfer window this summer, with Wayne Rooney, Jordan Pickford, Sandro Ramirez, Davy Klaassen and Michael Keane all joining his first team squad. The midfielder has signed a four-year deal with Sean Dyche's side. The deal to pick up Gylfi is anticipated within the next day or so, as he and the rest of the Swansea squad are supposed to travel to the U.S. on Thursday for a pre-season tour.
Manager Ronald Koeman refused to discuss Barkley's contract stand-off with the club at Rooney's unveiling on Monday, with the England worldwide now in the final year of his existing deal.
- Sir Mo Farah headlines British team for World Athletics Championships
- Exterion takes over South Western contract from JCDecaux
- Brandon Fritts named to Mackey Award Watch List
- Customs seized five cobras found at NYC mail facility from China
- Financial Review of NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NRG)
- Wimbledon, Zen and Murray's art of returning a tennis serve
- New Parents George and Amal Clooney Enjoy Dinner In Italy
- Newcastle United and Crystal Palace showing concrete interest in defender
- Xavier Dolan prêtera sa voix au héros de "Valérian"
- Strs Ohio Has $330.93 Million Stake in Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)