Landau is pictured in the gallery alongside his wife Jennifer in 2011.
A past America's Got Talent victor has been arrested on a charge of domestic violence.
The criminal complaint filed by Miller noted he conducted an audio-recorded interview with the victim, who alleged she had gotten into a verbal altercation with Murphy and was attempting to leave his residence when Murphy reportedly began slapping the victim's face and then struck the victim with a golf club. The brawl spilled outside, where he allegedly slammed her head on the sidewalk. "I did not strike her", the statement read.
He said the argument started after his girlfriend "trashed the home" with help from her family and friends. This has happened several times previously while I was away on tour.
"I was raised to respect women, and if not provoked and feeling I was in danger, I would never have defended myself in this manner", he said. The victim was also reportedly covered in potting soil.
A golf club also was found in the living room of Murphy's house, according to the trooper's report.
Brokerages Anticipate Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc
Piper Jaffray Companies assumed coverage on shares of Santander Consumer USA Holdings in a research note on Friday, June 9th. Finally, Renaissance Technologies LLC boosted its stake in Santander Consumer USA Holdings by 75.0% in the fourth quarter.
He and the woman have a 6-month-old child, who was present during the incident, according to the complaint.
The singer was charged with domestic battery and domestic assault, both misdemeanors.
He was released Monday night on bond from Southwestern Regional Jail.
The former vehicle washer during his audition wowed America's Got Talent judges Piers Morgan, Sharon Osbourne and Howie Mandel with his rendition of the Frank Sinatra classic I've Got You Under My Skin.
The NAACP considered Murphy for the Outstanding New Artist category at its Image Awards, and the Gazette-Mail named him the 2011 West Virginian of the Year for his charitable donations and benefit shows. He claims he was only defending himself, and apologized for the incident. "It should never have happened".
- Forecast: Scattered showers and thunderstorms expected today
- You Can Now Use PayPal to Make Purchases on iTunes, App Store
- Avis Budget Group, Inc
- Navient Corporation (NAVI) Receiving Favorable News Coverage, Study Shows
- Beep cow, Hindu India, Gujarat from Amartya Sen film
- Alamo Fire burns 29000 acres; containment still at 15 percent
- IIFA 2017: Salman Khan Escorts Stepmother Helen To New York
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- Weingarten Realty Investors (NYSE:WRI) Reviewed By Analysts
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI) Stake Raised by Aviance Capital Partners LLC