The statement was issued following a telephonic conversation between Shoukry and European Union foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini.
The list of demands included scaling down diplomatic ties with Iran, shutting down a military base in Turkey, severing all ties with any terrorist organizations and handing over any group affiliates, and paying for any damages incurred by Qatar from previous years.
Qatar has announced that it stands firm against what it calls bullying by some Arab states, saying it has enough financial resources to resist their sanctions.
Syria Monitor Says IS Chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Dead
USA and Iraqi officials cast doubt on the claim then, however, saying they had no evidence to suggest al-Baghdadi was dead. There were also reports claiming that the ISIS's top leader was killed during a U.S. bombing in Iraq.
The United States, United Kingdom and Kuwait urged all parties to a Gulf Arab diplomatic row over Qatar to resolve their dispute as quickly as possible through dialogue, Kuwait state news agency Kuna reported on Tuesday. Qatar now isolated from the rest of the GCC is currently homing Middle EastÂ´s largest US Air Force base, but Saudi Arabia, which heads the Qatar boycott, has been a close ally of Washington and made in May a 110 billion-deal with United States of America to buy weapons.
In their apparent bid to win more support from the U.S. and Israel, the Arab countries have suspended all land, air and sea traffic with Qatar, expelled its diplomats and ordered Qatari citizens to leave their countries. 11,387 citizens from the four Arab states leading the boycott against Qatar were forced to leave the country. In response, Qatar accused Saudi Arabia and the UAE of breaking the spirit of the Riyadh agreement and engaging in an "unwarranted and unprecedented attack on Qatar's sovereignty".
Currently, the Gulf state of Kuwait is mediating the conflict. "The first thing is to check in with the Emir of Kuwait and map out what is our next viable step we can take", Hammond said. He stressed that some of the allegations and demands of the siege countries have no basis, while the other were an unwarranted and unprecedented attack on the sovereignty of Qatar in violation to all global and regional agreements.
- Price Target Analysis SeaDrill Limited (SDRL)
- Farmhouse Investment Management LLC Takes Position in Arconic Inc (NASDAQ:ARNC)
- BidaskClub Upgrades Cliffs Natural Resources Inc
- Children fighting for IS in Philippines conflict: Army
- Nigeria first lady Aisha Buhari warns off 'hyenas' on Facebook
- Govt calls for public consultation on proposed Cybersecurity Bill
- Temasek Reports Record Net Portfolio Value Of S$275 Bln
- JP Morgan Chase & Co (JPM) Shares Gap Up Following Analyst Upgrade
- NA Has $894000 Stake in Qiagen NV (NASDAQ:QGEN)
- Othman Benjelloun garant du projet à plus de 10 MM — Tanger Tech