"We too sacrifice our holidays to hear this case", observed Chief Justice. PTI lawyer Babar Awan argued that only the Supreme Court and a high court has the power of hearing a defamation case. The election commission adjourned the contempt hearing till July 19. He said that all citizens were equally respectable.
Speaking to the media outside ECP building, PTI's Spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry said that opponents are spreading false information in the media pertaining to appearance of Imran Khan before the courts.
Abbasi's petition accuses the PTI leader of not declaring his assets to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) and seeks to unseat him based on alleged violations of the Income Tax Ordinance 1979 and Peoples Act 1974.
Manchester United agree £35million fee to sign midfield powerhouse wanted by Chelsea
Morata has proven clinical at Juventus and Real Madrid, and Chelsea will have to shell out close to $90 million to sign him. This might have excited both Chelsea and Manchester United fans as it is still unknown where Bakayoko is heading.
He further said that no allegation of misuse of powers and corruption have been leveled against Imran, while the matter was brought to notice just because of word "bigotry". Chief justice replied that it's not only a matter of submitting a reply, Anwar Mansoor will have to present the case as well.
He added that Imran Khan and his party always violated the decisions of the court. He vowed to give a befitting response to what he claimed propaganda against the PTI chairman.
- Kenya: 90-day curfew imposed in three counties after al Shabaab attacks
- West Brom eyeing Tottenham defender Kevin Wimmer
- Time Warner Inc. (TWX) Upgraded to Buy at BidaskClub
- Muslim march against terrorism lauded - and strongly criticized
- Rafa Benitez demands Newcastle up their offer for Norwich ace Jacob Murphy
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Rush Enterprises, Inc. (RUSHA) Receives $35.67 Average PT from Brokerages
- " S'il n'a pas joué en Angleterre, maintenant, je sais pourquoi " — Christophe Galtier
- British & Irish Lions prop Sinckler arrested after 3rd test
- Formula One: Bottas beats Vettel in Austria, Hamilton fourth